Im confused between what type of m.2 drive can i install, it shows the following - aspire 315-51

Shouvik06
Shouvik06 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Aspire Laptops

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning Shouvik06 !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Is SSD already installed?
    What you are viewing in the images are not drivers but controller modes.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Shouvik06

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good Morning Shouvik06 !

What exact model of your laptop?
    Is SSD already installed?
    What you are viewing in the images are not drivers but controller modes.

The model is aspire 315-51_z... And no SSD is currently installed
  • Shouvik06

Tinkerer

Can i install this??
    WD Green 240GB M.2 2280 Internal SSD (WDS240G1G0B) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01M9B2VB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NvU6CbA71QK32
  • MaClane
    s SD recognized in Windows Disk Manager?
    Have you formatted and converted to GPT?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Shouvik06

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    s SD recognized in Windows Disk Manager?
    Have you formatted and converted to GPT?
    No i did nothing like this .. And i don't even a ssd currently....im planning to buy one...i just want to know which one shall i buy thay wil work perfectly with it??
  • MaClane
    What is the exact model of the laptop?
    Example: PH315-51-78NP

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• MaClane
    By default this seire has a M.2 2280 slot available for SSD and a standard SATA slot for HDD.
    Anyway I advise you to open the rear cover of the unit and check that there are some different revisions depending on the region that was made available.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Shouvik06

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    By default this seire has a M.2 2280 slot available for SSD and a standard SATA slot for HDD.
    Anyway I advise you to open the rear cover of the unit and check that there are some different revisions depending on the region that was made available.

This is the m.2 slot...

• Shouvik06

Tinkerer

Can i use 
    WD Green 240GB M.2 2280 Internal SSD (WDS240G1G0B) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01M9B2VB7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_K716CbQT2ZG8C
    Or
    Samsung 970 Evo Series - 250GB PCIE NVME - M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (MZ-V7E250BW) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07BN5FJZQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_J816CbHS3FA2W
  • MaClane
    I do not advise you to use any NVM SSD since only Sata 3 and support are mentioned in the M.2 2280 slot.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Shouvik06

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    I do not advise you to use any NVM SSD since only Sata 3 and support are mentioned in the M.2 2280 slot.
    Thats all i needed...thank you very much for your time and help... :)
  • Sid11
    Sid11 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Shouvik06 said:
    MaClane said:
    Thats all i needed...thank you very much for your time and help... :)
    Hi, I am looking for a SSD for the same model, can you let me know with whcih SSD you went ? The slot is NVME Looking but SATA or which ?