Laptop Fan Half-Dead

Options
SparkyPoo
SparkyPoo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

So last year, in September, I sent my laptop in for repair because of overheating issues. When I got it back, everything seemed fine until 1 month later (somewhere in Octobre). My laptop fan started to make a little bit of noise and I heard something rattle in my laptop case. I ignored the fan noise thinking it might have been some dust, and I didn't have the tools nor the money to get it fixed. I also needed the laptop for school since I am in my exam year and had no time to take a look at it. 

I recently finished my exams and yesterday I took a look at my laptop fans, turns out the fan for my CPU had some dust on it, not a lot,  and my laptop case had been broken open when I had sent it in for repairs (that thing I heard rattling in my laptop case was a small piece that broke off my laptop case). And a couple days back my CPU fan started to act really weird, now it can't even go max speed and it makes a lot of noise when my laptop is simply turned on. When I cleaned my laptop fans, the GPU fan still spun even after I stopped spinning it. The CPU fan however hardly spun, as if something prevented it from spinning freely. I didn't see anything stuck in or under the fan.

My laptop: Acer Predator Helios 300 G3-571

I bought my laptop in december of 2017 and already used my warranty to get the overheating issues "fixed".

What would be the best thing for me to do now? I don't really want to send my laptop in for repairs again since I'm sure something bad might happen, I simply don't trust the Acer Support/repair team anymore.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Since the warranty has ended, I suggest that you call a local shop with the proper tools and a decent reputation like MobileHardware for an estimate. +31 79 808 0172  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ