Why do i have to verify my password 4 times on chromebook before I am logged in

Livingclean
Livingclean Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Re Chromebook 14 - I switch on my laptop, and each time I am asked to verify my password 4 times - this happens very single time.  Just spent 2 hours with Amazon Tech Support who could not solve this problem.  Is it just a security thing - on my fourth attempt I am logged in everytime

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,787 Pathfinder
    Re Chromebook 14 - I switch on my laptop, and each time I am asked to verify my password 4 times - this happens very single time.  Just spent 2 hours with Amazon Tech Support who could not solve this problem.  Is it just a security thing - on my fourth attempt I am logged in everytime
    have you updated the chrome version. If not please do it. Because updates would fix any kind of bugs.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • patrickkelly
    patrickkelly Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited May 2019
    If you're talking about Amazon's totally borked sign in system it has nothing to do with Acer or Chromebooks. They reject my password and if I keep trying the sometime accept the same password and other times require me to wait for a code in my email which usually comes an hour later.

If you're talking about the log on to Chrome OS, m Acer spin hasn't had that problem.