NITRO 5 KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT LOCK

ARCHCARO
ARCHCARO Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
IS THERE A SOLUTION FOR ONE PERSON TO (I HAVE SEEN  WAY TO MANY  PEOPLE ASKING  FOR IT)   LOCK BACKLIGHT IN MY NITRO 5 KEYBOARD ??, IS THE MOST STRESSFUL THING IN MY LIFE, I CANNOT FIND THE KEYBOARD WITHOUT THE LIGHT BECAUSE TURNING IT OFF EVERY 30 SECONDS EVEN IF PLUGGED IN!! THIS MUST BE THE WORST IDEA EVER, I PREFER TO US MY BOYFRIEND HP OMEN AND I SWEARE  IF I HAVE TO OPEN  MY LAPTOP AND PULL OFF THE MOATHER BOARD TO MAKE IT HAPPEN ILL DOIT MY SELF,  IM REALLY TIRED OF WORKING MY ARCHITECTURAL PLANS AND THEN I CANT FIND MY  NEXT COMAND IN AUTOCAD BECAUSE  SOME ONE THOUGHT THAT MAKING MANDATORY A BATTERY SAVER  BACKLIGHT WAS A GOOD IDEA.

PLEASE IF THERE'S NO  SOLUTION RIGHT NOW THEN  MAKE A  FIRMWARE UPDATE BEFORE I THROW MY NITRO 5 AWAY OR BUY AN EXTERNAL KEYBOARD TAHT DOENST FIT IN MY DESK, IS AN AWESOME LAPTOP  BUT  THIS WEIRD  THING MAKES ME ANGRY.

BEST REGARDS.

CARO

Answers

• lionitro5
    lionitro5 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

There is no way to keep it turned on if you're on battery. It's designed to behave that way to promote battery power saving when you're not using your keyboard for max 30 seconds. 
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    lionitro5 said:
    There is no way to keep it turned on if you're on battery. It's designed to behave that way to promote battery power saving when you're not using your keyboard for max 30 seconds. 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• ARCHCARO
    ARCHCARO Member Posts: 2 New User
    lionitro5 said:
    There is no way to keep it turned on if you're on battery. It's designed to behave that way to promote battery power saving when you're not using your keyboard for max 30 seconds. '
    but im not on battery im always plugged in, or even if im plugged in theres no solution? .......
  • andylb
    edited May 2019
    ARCHCARO said:
    lionitro5 said:
    There is no way to keep it turned on if you're on battery. It's designed to behave that way to promote battery power saving when you're not using your keyboard for max 30 seconds. '
    but im not on battery im always plugged in, or even if im plugged in theres no solution? .......

Update to latest BIOS from you models support page. After update restart and continuously tap F2 during the startup and this will put you in the BIOS menu. Under the General tab you should see Keyboard backlight enable/disable 

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Souravik
    Souravik Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2019
    Go to the NITROSENSE app. Select Settings (the gear icon on top right). Uncheck the option Backlight off after 30 seconds under Keyboard Settings.
  • andylb
    Not in Nitrosense unless there is a new Nitrosense app because up until now the BIOS is the only way to do it

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• rifraf
    rifraf Member Posts: 2 New User
    nitrosense version 3.1.3006.0 has a toggle in settings to turn backlight on all the time
    spread the word please.my first post.
  • rifraf
    rifraf Member Posts: 2 New User
    sorry,my info...nitro 5,AN 515-54-54w2

• andylb
    rifraf said:
    nitrosense version 3.1.3006.0 has a toggle in settings to turn backlight on all the time
    spread the word please.my first post.

Not for all models, my model AN515-42 does not have the updated Nitrosense on the support page

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• AMDKilla
    AMDKilla Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Updating to the latest BIOS and turning on the Keyboard Lighting Timeout on like andylb suggested is the fix. Took them long enough to admit it was a bug, let alone fix it...