Why no sound when connected to bluetooth speaker? Chromebook 14, CB3-431.

dlg54321
dlg54321 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Or rather, why does the audio continue to come from internal speaker when paired and connected with my bluetooth speaker?  With any bluetooth speaker.  This is a problem because internal speaker is not loud enough.  I have an Acer Chromebook 14, CB3-431.  I saw someone asked same question quite awhile ago and the only suggestion was to try speaker after a powerwash.  Which I dont want to do if I dont have to.  I always lose something when I powerwash, always.  t know if this 
So I just wondered if anyone had any new suggestions.  Thanks
I dont know if this makes a difference, but fyi, its Chrome OS.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    dlg54321 said:
    Or rather, why does the audio continue to come from internal speaker when paired and connected with my bluetooth speaker?  With any bluetooth speaker.  This is a problem because internal speaker is not loud enough.  I have an Acer Chromebook 14, CB3-431.  I saw someone asked same question quite awhile ago and the only suggestion was to try speaker after a powerwash.  Which I dont want to do if I dont have to.  I always lose something when I powerwash, always.  t know if this 
    So I just wondered if anyone had any new suggestions.  Thanks
    I dont know if this makes a difference, but fyi, its Chrome OS.
    After pairing the devices have you tried to click on sound and then select bluetooth speakers. If not please try it and check.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • dlg54321
    dlg54321 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you for your suggestion.  But my Chromebook has no audio settings.  However,  Thinking about this gave me the idea to go to the web store and look for an equalizer well as an extension that would allow me to manipulate the audio on my Chromebook.  And what I found was an equalizer which allowed me to play the internal speakers louder than I could without.  Its doesnt do exactly what I want.  But it does allow me to  play music at a level that I can at least hear it from across the room.  That may be the best I can do.
    I love my Chromebok and the fact that the chrome os is now compatible with most android apps.  But it doeas also have its limitations.
    Thank you.
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,752 Pathfinder
    dlg54321 said:
    Thank you for your suggestion.  But my Chromebook has no audio settings.  However,  Thinking about this gave me the idea to go to the web store and look for an equalizer well as an extension that would allow me to manipulate the audio on my Chromebook.  And what I found was an equalizer which allowed me to play the internal speakers louder than I could without.  Its doesnt do exactly what I want.  But it does allow me to  play music at a level that I can at least hear it from across the room.  That may be the best I can do.
    I love my Chromebok and the fact that the chrome os is now compatible with most android apps.  But it doeas also have its limitations.
    Thank you.
    Keep enjoying working on chromebook.

Cheers..
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer