Finger Print Sensor does not work after computer wake up from sleep, or when the cover is close

Samman
Samman Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had been having this issue since day one. contacted Acer from the beginning and kind of put away and work around with it with my pass code. but recently I sent it to Acer for repair and had the finger print sensor replaced. it seems to work better, however, the same issue still persist. if the computer is turned off and on, the finger print sensor works now. but when I just close the cover and walk away for a few minute and come back and wake the computer, the sensor is not responsive. cant login. had to switch to pin code. so Is this an acer issue or a microsoft issue? any way to fix this?

Answers

• Samman
    Samman Member Posts: 2 New User
    Even after it restarts, the finger print sensor is no longer active. it seems as it stop working after it goes to sleep and wake up. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Of course it might be model or SKU specific, but I have seen similar symptoms with my Switch 7. Which Acer do you have? I suspect as you seem to that the sensor is shutting down when slept and then not waking up. Perhaps something in the power settings on the device itself? The work-around that I've been using is to hibernate instead of sleeping, that gives a full power cycle when waking, so side steps the problem. I expect we'll see a driver update at some point that fixes it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.