Recommend 16GB RAM For Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-61-R0GX and External Hard Driver

Marialab
Marialab Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hey guyz I need your help

I would like to buy 16GB RAM (16GB DDR4), but I don't know which RAM is compatible with the Acer Predator Helios 500 PH517-61-R0GX Gaming Laptop.
Would you recommend 16GB RAM to me? 
Also, I would like to know which external hard driver is compatible with. I'll waiting for your recommend.

Thank you! :)

Best Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Your laptop was shipped with 2x8GB 2400 or 2666MHz. Could you check it using CPU-Z in the SPD tab and post a screenshot?
    France
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Marialab !

This model supports a maximum of 64GB of RAM (4 slots 4x16Gb each) SO-DIMM DDR4 2400Mhz

Any RAM that has these specifications will work on your laptop.

As for an External Disk for storage, get some that have capacity that will suit you and give preference to those that have USB 3.0 connection

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello,
    Your laptop was shipped with 2x8GB 2400 or 2666MHz. Could you check it using CPU-Z in the SPD tab and post a screenshot?
    France
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Good Morning Marialab !

This model supports a maximum of 64GB of RAM (4 slots 4x16Gb each) SO-DIMM DDR4 2400Mhz

Any RAM that has these specifications will work on your laptop.

As for an External Disk for storage, get some that have capacity that will suit you and give preference to those that have USB 3.0 connection

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• 1GOG
    1GOG Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Hello, as i understand with Ryzen will be compactible and best HYNIX 2400 MHZ DDR4 16GB, i think its just one model but will be difficult to find this...
    External Hard Drive - You can buy WD Western Digital My Book up to 8 TB, or buy a NAS Synology up to 32 TB....i use now WD My Book works perfectly 4TB speed is 150MB Write and Read