lag even on lower settings nitro AN515-53

Options
smokeythebandit
smokeythebandit Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
first off, sorry for multiple posts.. i accidentally did something wrong, i think,because it says my last post is solved. It is not.

I get lag even at low settings.. It's pretty strange because I can run the games im trying to play on ultra (they are pretty old) at about 55 fps, but every 15-30 seconds or so it will stutter for about 3-5 seconds. Even on bare minimum it will do this. I have everything in my NVIDIA control panel set to high performance, my power option set to high performance, my fan running at max speed, coolboost is on, and ive also updated all of my drivers. If anyone has any suggestions i would truly appreciate it because its driving me nuts. My older crappier laptop never had this issue. Thanks

Specs
i5-8300H 2.3 GHZ
NVIDIA GTX 1050-TI
SSD 250 Gigs
if you need any more info let me know. thanks again.

Best Answer

• smokeythebandit
    Answer ✓
    Options
    i talked to a person at SEGA and this has seemed to fix my issue. ill post it here just in case it can help someone else.

• On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

• At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:

netsh int ip reset reset.txt

• Press Enter and use the second command after that:

netsh winsock reset

• Press Enter again

Now restart the computer and try the game again.

If it still doesn't run, please go to the following place (based on a default installation):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\
    Empire Total War\redist and re install the redistibutable that are within that folder

vcredist_x86-sp1

Please reinstall also direct x. Go inside the "directx" folder, double click on the "DXSETUP" executable to reinstall DirectX

Answers

• smokeythebandit
    Answer ✓
    Options
    i talked to a person at SEGA and this has seemed to fix my issue. ill post it here just in case it can help someone else.

• On the Start screen, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

• At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:

netsh int ip reset reset.txt

• Press Enter and use the second command after that:

netsh winsock reset

• Press Enter again

Now restart the computer and try the game again.

If it still doesn't run, please go to the following place (based on a default installation):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\
    Empire Total War\redist and re install the redistibutable that are within that folder

vcredist_x86-sp1

Please reinstall also direct x. Go inside the "directx" folder, double click on the "DXSETUP" executable to reinstall DirectX