Is it okay if the area above the function keys get really hot during gaming?

kingslayer7
kingslayer7 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought Helios 300(i5,8gb,1050ti) two weeks ago..Always wanted to play witcher 3 as my first game..The game runs very smooth on high to ultra settings with 50+ fps..Also the temperatures I get using the predator sense are always normal(<85)..So,I dont think there is a need to undervolt it or something else..But one thing I noticed is that as soon as I start the game, the area above the Function keys gets very hot even though the cpu and gpu temperatures are fine..I cant explain how hot it is but I think its close to how a really hot glass of milk feels like(this makes me look like really dumb, sorry for that)..
My main question is, can this heat cause any problems to the laptop now or in the future?
I dont using a cooling pad but I always make sure something hard and flat is always under my laptop while gaming.
Also the temperature range in my area currently is 35-45 degrees C.

Best Answer

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @kingslayer7,

I don't know how warm your laptop gets exactly, but it is definitely true that the part above the Fn keys will get the warmest. Otherwise I don't think you need a cooling pad for this laptop, as the laptops cooling works perfectly fine when placed on a flat surface.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night  kingslayer7 !

Some areas of the carcass may actually have higher temperatures, especially where HDD, SSD, GPU, etc. are located.
    If you use the keyboard laptop keyboard to play advice you get an external to prevent that the contact of the hands can prevent the cooling.

I use this template:

httpswwwdatekslvimagespic60060069977jpg

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @kingslayer7,

I don't know how warm your laptop gets exactly, but it is definitely true that the part above the Fn keys will get the warmest. Otherwise I don't think you need a cooling pad for this laptop, as the laptops cooling works perfectly fine when placed on a flat surface.

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)