Acer 7750g max ram size.

Options
vjeko1701
vjeko1701 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
Hey.

According to Acer , 7750g has a max memory of 8gb but I found some sites and people claiming they were able to upgrade it to 16gb. Why does Acer claim it can only have up to 8gb, why is that limitation set?

I have a 7750g with 4 ram slots. Originally it had 2 but I was forced to replace it's motherboard.

Comments

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example AS7750G-985
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vjeko1701
    Options
    AS7750G-2416G64Mnkk

SN: LXAHG0X078......

I'm also having problems with my dc power cable connector, it has some burn marks on it and unless I use power saver mode, my laptop will randomly switch to battery, specially when running games. I found these cables on e-bay

Are any of them compatible with my laptop?

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The manual reports compatibility with only 8GB of ram, see:

Use this crucial tool to check this: https://www.crucial.com/
    On the dcin-jack cable, see this:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vjeko1701
    Options
    Yeah, I saw that, motherboard with 2 slots fot max 4gb each. I was forced to replace the motherboard which now has 4 slots.

BTW, Where can I find this manual?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What is the exact model of mainboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vjeko1701
    Options
    Well

dxdiag states: P7YE0

CMD (wmic baseboard get producT,Manufacturer): Acer - JE70_HR

CPU-Z screenies

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This photo shows only two available slots:

However, as I pointed to the arrow, I think those points should serve to add two more slots of ram!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vjeko1701
    Options
    I believe I have this version

Which has 4 slots

Now does that mean it's able to support up to 4x4gb?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In this case, the ideal is to personally check the presence of these slots, as this model shares the motherboard with travel mate 7750g!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    Options
    1. Could you give me the first ten characters of the motherboard serial number?
      Command
      : wmic baseboard get serialnumber
    2. Which processor is installed?
    For information, this series was shipped with motherboards with 2 or 4 memory slots.
    France
  • vjeko1701
    Options
    Well, when I type it, I get this

This is the processor.

Some more info

It says total slots 2, used 2, free 1...but cpu-z and visual inspection show there are 4 slots.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vjeko1701
    Options
    SN: LXAHG0X0787xxxxxxxxxx
    SNID:7270411651x

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I could not find this partnumber on the Acer website. However, I still consider that the best option is to visually check the presence of the extra slots!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vjeko1701
    Options
    I know there are 4 slots, cleaned my laptop a week ago, I only don't know if I can put 4x4gb of ram into them.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If the other slots are present then you can add more RAM to those slots!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vjeko1701
    edited May 2019
    Options
    So there should be no limitations of my motherboard except the number of slots and 4gb per slot? Thx :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    In the service manual informs you that each slot supports up to 4GB of RAM! So 4x4 = 16gb of ram in total!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer