PredatorSense Not Functioning(Runs but window doesn't pop up) | PT515-51-75L8(Triton 500)

Options
arzepoetic
arzepoetic Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Recently the PredatorSense program on my Triton 500 laptop(PT515-51-75L8) has stopped working properly. I'm not sure when it happened, but I think it may be related to a Windows 10 update.

PredatorSense seems to start and I can verify via the Task Manager that it is running in the background, but I have no visible access to it. It never appears on screen. If I press the dedicated shortcut key on my keyboard the logo pops up indicating that it will bring the application to the front, but nothing seems to happen. If the application is not already running in the background, then no logo appears and nothing happens when I press the PredatorSense shortcut key on my keyboard.

Nothing seems to happen if I keep trying to run the application. If I make sure all of the related tasks have ended in the task manager and I try to run again as administrator the boot logo for PredatorSense comes up for a moment as it should, but the program itself never appears on screen. According to Task Manager, it is running in the background.

When I do this I can see that "PSSvc", "PSAdminAgent", " > PredatorSense (2)"(which are "PSAgent", and "PredatorSense") are all running in Task Manager, using Memory.  

I have uninstalled and reinstalled PredatorSense many times at this point. I've tried installing and launching using the "APPXBUNDLE File" found in the "PredatorSenseUWP" folder within the application download. I've done regular Uninstalls, IObit Uninstalls, I've also made sure all PredatorSense files were deleted from Program Files I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Acer Quick Access, and Acer Care Center. Without Quick Access installed, the Turbo button which boosts the fan speed does not function. I've tried installing other versions of PredatorSense for other models with no luck. I have also tried installing MSI Afterburner, as I read that got it to work for some people on other models.

I am trying to do all I can to avoid reinstalling Windows and having to reinstall all of my programs and settings. I also do not want to send my laptop in for repair if I can help it.

I have tried shutting down and restarting my computer several times, uninstalling recent applications, checking that all drivers are updated. Nothing seems to work. I have searched all over Google as well as the Acer Community forums and have not found a solution that works for me and this laptop model.

Note: I did have 2 1TB NVME SSDs installed to upgrade from the single 512GB NVME drive that came with this model. I had this done the first week I got my computer and everything had been running fine for a while now. I figure I should mention this just in case, but I have doubts that the issue is related to this.

I just spent 30 mins in a queue for Acer's live chat support and received a message that no one is available. I'll keep trying and request an email response, or call if I have to. I'm hoping they can help me find a solution once I can talk to someone. I figure I should post this question here just in case that doesn't work. If I am able to find a solution I will be sure to post it here hoping to help anyone else that has this issue for the same or similar laptop model. 

Cheers

Best Answer

Answers

• arzepoetic
    edited May 2019
    Options
    arzepoetic said:
    Without Quick Access installed, the Turbo button which boosts the fan speed does not function.
    I wanted to add a note to this statement. With Quick Access installed, the Turbo button still does not work unless I have tried to run PredatorSense already and have it running in the background.
  • arzepoetic
    Answer ✓
    Options
    So after talking to someone via Live Chat, they decided to send me a USB drive with a Windows Recovery and suggested I reinstall windows..

BUT I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

All thanks to another thread I found posted by user daydozer, I was able to get PredatorSense to reappear and function properly!
    I wish I had found it sooner, but I hope this makes it easier for others to find.
    https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/558409/fix-for-predator-sense-failing-to-open-on-windows-10

=)