After successful install, Google Backup and Sync is glitched.

mdealbuquerque3
mdealbuquerque3 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I've had to reinstall Backup and Sync on my Windows 10 laptop.

After this, the new install is acting extremely glitchy to the point where it is broken and does not function at all. 
I am unable to login to the application as it does not open the setup screen properly.

I have attached screenshots of the windows that opens after the install, what happens to this window if I try to increase its size, and what appears if I click the Backup and Sync icon on the tray.

The model of my laptop is Nitro AN515-52 if that is of any help. I am running a clean install of Windows 10 (64 bit) with the latest updates available, set to Brazilian Portuguese. I have installed all available drivers manually using the downloads from the official Acer website respective to my model after performing a clean install.

I am extremely sorry if I am not supposed to ask for help regarding this here. I have only done so because I've also made a thread in the Google support threads and nobody has replied in a week since initially posting it.

Sorry again for the Brazilian Portuguese text in the screenshots, I've set my laptop to that language as it is my mother tongue but prefer to receive technical assistance in English as it is usually faster.

Thank you in advance for any constructive replies.

Answers

• Balu
    Balu Ally Posts: 95
    Hi @mdealbuquerque3,

How did you reinstalled the win 10? Is It with the internal partition or with a separate disk.  

• mdealbuquerque3
    mdealbuquerque3 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Balu said:
    Hi @mdealbuquerque3,

How did you reinstalled the win 10? Is It with the internal partition or with a separate disk.  

Hello Balu. Here is a screenshot of my partition tables as shown in the Windows Disk Manager.

When I performed the clean install of Windows 10, I deleted all partitions from the previous install and made the new clean install on the SSD drive which came with the laptop. This had previously been used as the default drive when the laptop was bought from the store.