Update Bios/Firmware

Drakith
Drakith Member Posts: 8 New User
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
Hi,

Other days, I met a fellow using the Acer Aspire. We had a conversation about consoler, laptop, pc and etc. And he advised me that I should update bios/firmware to enhance the security and boost performance.

Should I really need to update it? I'm well aware of the risk.

Btw, I'm using Acer Aspire A715-71G-52WP.

Please help me and thank you.

Comments

• The uefi should only be updated in cases of serious system errors, in which only the uefi update can solve the problem! I suggest you check this topic: https://www.quora.com/How-does-the-BIOS-update-help-in-improving-PC-performance
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Drakith
    Hi,

Thank you for the topic.

I've downloaded the bios zip files and seen there is exe in each files.

If I want to update, all I have to do is run the exe and do not let my laptop power off right?
  • Drakith
    Btw, should I run the newest or run each individual from the oldest to the latest?
  • You should only do it if there is a need. To update uefi, follow these procedures:
    a) plug the notebook into an electrical outlet and let the battery charge up to 100%;
    b) disconnect any device that is connected to the usb ports;
    c) Deactivate any antivirus that is installed!
    Then just run the .exe file or update the firmware driver:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Drakith
    Thank you.
  • You are Welcome! Post the result here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer