Acer Aspire 5 fan constantly running, brand new laptop [A515-52]

maucycy
maucycy Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello,

I just purchased brand new Acer Aspire 5, but I have a problem. Fan is constantly working, even in idle mode it’s easy to listen from one or even two meters. When I open browser and extremely simple excel file with no formulas, and will do something basic like copy-paste, fan starts to work really loud and is easy to hear for persons being two rooms away. Is this normal within this model, or something is wrong with my model? This class laptop should be dead silent with SSD and on idle, and using things like reading simple excel or net browsing. Any ideas what I can do?

I already updated BIOS to the newest one (helped very little) and in energy management made the maximum processor usage of 45%, as is shown on one of youtube’s video.

However, that noise is so irritating that makes this computer completely unsuable, if with each single open app fan is going crazy with its speed.

Its’ i3 8145-U, 8GB RAM, SSD 240 + HDD 1000.

Any ideas, or I should just buy different brand?

I have in my office Dell Latitude 7480, with worse processer and that computer is dead silent unless I will him into really complicated excel files with hundreds of thousands cell filled, lots of pivots and different formulas, and my Acer gest the same loud after opening internet browser…

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If no difference after the reset don't waste any more time on this. Return it to the vendor/seller ASAP as defective for a refund or exchange before the RMA returns policy expires. Warranty service would take too long. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can try an ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset as shown in the video below. If no difference after the reset don't waste any more time on this. Return it to the vendor/seller ASAP as defective for a refund or exchange before the RMA returns policy expires. Warranty service would take too long. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• PiotrW
    PiotrW Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,

I also bought Acer Aspire 5 couple of days ago and I have the same problem. It's surprising how often fan works while i'm only browsing internet. Did you manage to fix it?
  • mikkkel
    mikkkel Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. Fan runs high speed and very loud with minimal CPU load.
    Is there a solution for this problem?

• aheddz92
    aheddz92 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I finally found the solution : go modify the alimentation profil. By default, it should be named Acer ... Choose : create a new profile and choose : energy saver. The fan noise should be gone!  :)
  • juner
    juner Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    Guys,here is what I did,I turned off my ceiling fan and now its quiet,if anyone faces this problem in the future try turning off air conditioner or whatever you have in your room