X34P Monitor using DisplayPort wont budge from 60Hz

Raein
Raein Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2019 Archives
Hi I just purchased this monitor with a new computer. Without even venturing into the overclocking yet I can't even get the monitor to up the refresh rate beyond 60. If I select 100Hz from the advance settings it just switches off to black and the dreaded 'No Signal'. Has anyone had this issue and found a solution?

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hi, @Raein What video cable are you using HDMI or Display port cable. Hdmi cable only supports till 60hz while Display port cable will support higher hz
  • Raein
    Hi Ishy. HDMI works. DisplayPort won't move higher than 50-60. And flickers alot even at that low hz. If I try and put it up to 100 or try overclock it i get 'no signal'.
  • Raein
    So. I purchased a second DisplayPort cable from my local computer store, the best one they had (whatever that means). Took it home and tried it on the monitor and basically it was just as bad as before. I was contemplating RMAing the thing but then thought I'd give something one more try and purchased a VESA certified 1.4 cable from Startech on eBay and....it worked. So for whatever reason the DisplayPort cables that come with the monitor and some that you can buy just aren't good enough.