UNABLE TO START ( CODE 10 ) INTEL 82579LM GIGABIT ETHERNET CONNECTION RUNNING WINDOWS 10

Hoopz73
Hoopz73 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 12 in 2019 Archives
Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire X3960 ( Win 7 pre-installed ) have upgraded to Windows 10 with latest build 1809. There are no more updates available, the issue is that when PC starts up there is no LAN connection. If I re-start the PC I get LAN connection, or if I go into device manger uninstall then refresh I get LAN connection too.

Steps done : 
Run troubleshooter, this indicated a problem with the hardware or driver and was unable to go further.
Tried to update driver via Windows update, this finds newer driver but does not resolve the issue.
Uninstalled the driver, downloaded and installed driver from Acer, again does not resolve.
Uninstalled driver and downloaded from Intel, again does not resolve.

I have also tried all the ipconfig commands ( refresh, renew etc ) again no change.
performed SFC /Scannow this found no integrity issues.
Have also disabled any AV / Firewall security again does not resolve.

All was working fine within Win 7 prior to the upgrade, and now as I said I only have LAN connection every 2nd boot / restart.
Scratching my head now hope someone " out there " can help!!
TIA

Comments

• Hoopz73
    i have an update on this, it appears that in device manager when there is no connection it shows Intel 82579LM if I then scan for HW changes it then changes to Intel 82579V and connection is available.....
  • Hoopz73
    PROBLEM NOW RESOLVED: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22026
    I used this update and now no issues connecting.