Acer H6510BD: fan fail error

Zenoxio
Zenoxio Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 27 in 2019 Archives
I am getting "fan fail" error around 15 minutes after booting my projector up. I can hear the fan still running before this error occurs. The lamp hours haven't even expired yet, so it's not too old.

The warranty is probably expired.

How can I repair this?

Answers

• Zenoxio
    Here's my fan status from the menu: https://i.imgur.com/ojb4fG6.png

But I do hear fans moving. Is there a sensor dead?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Zenoxio said:
    I am getting "fan fail" error around 15 minutes after booting my projector up. I can hear the fan still running before this error occurs. The lamp hours haven't even expired yet, so it's not too old.

The warranty is probably expired.

How can I repair this?
    Hi,

Try the steps mentioned in this link. this should fix the issue.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Zenoxio
    Yes, I've tried those steps already:
    -If your room is hot, lower the temperature if possible.
    -Ensure that nothing is blocking the projector’s air intake and exhaust.
    -Disconnect the power cable from the power outlet, and then wait at least 60 seconds. Power it back on.

Check that the fans are running, and if necessary adjust the fan speed using the service menu.
    How do I check the fans? I think I can see the front fan moving, how can I check where the other fan is or if it's running?
  • Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    Zenoxio said:
    Yes, I've tried those steps already:
    -If your room is hot, lower the temperature if possible.
    -Ensure that nothing is blocking the projector’s air intake and exhaust.
    -Disconnect the power cable from the power outlet, and then wait at least 60 seconds. Power it back on.

Check that the fans are running, and if necessary adjust the fan speed using the service menu.
    How do I check the fans? I think I can see the front fan moving, how can I check where the other fan is or if it's running?
    Click on the menu button and then go to settings to check for FAN related info. But regarding the main issue try the first steps mentioned in the link that i shared.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Zenoxio
    Click on the menu button and then go to settings to check for FAN related info.
    There is fan #1 and fan #2. Which correlates to the front fan?

>But regarding the main issue try the first steps mentioned in the link that i shared.

I did that already and indicated I did so in my previous comment.