W key keeps falling out after putting it correctly

patrickfeeney
patrickfeeney Member Posts: 60 Troubleshooter
edited April 23 in 2019 Archives
The W key keeps falling out. I dont know why this happens. It seems that all is ok; that anything is broken. I bought my Acer Aspire E15 E5-576G-5762 at the beggining from the year. I bought it from the american amazon but I live in south america so I don't know if the warranty will be valid.

Answers

• Du_little
    Du_little Member Posts: 301 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @patrickfeeney
     standard manufacture warranty is 1 year by default. It will be valid anywhere in united states. contact the link below for acer support.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    Hit Accept if its useful :) 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,847 Trailblazer
    The easiest and cheapest fix for this in your situation is double-sided tape. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• roshanamin
    roshanamin Member Posts: 62 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    JackE said:
    The easiest and cheapest fix for this in your situation is double-sided tape. Jack E/NJ

Same model I faced a weird issue of the - key being auto depressed and I was under the impression that it was the key besides the 0 key and I blew it to clear of any dust and slammed it too to dislodge any particulate bigger physical matter being suspect of having stuck underneath. Peculiar was it used to happen randomly, then i did the same procedure for the numeric - key besides the * key and now it's resolved. But point is I am scared of prying open the key and replacing it as seen on online videos, tried it on my old dell but it does not fit back again properly. Would be great if someone does a video for this model as to how to pry open stuck keys properly and once again put it back again properly.