Controlling the RGB on Keyboard

Mudit_Lal
Mudit_Lal Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey There,

I just bought a new Acer Predator Triton 500. I was going around the RGB keyboard software. I had an idea if I could program the lights on my own (without using the company provided software) is it possible? if yes then how? 

I want to control the colours of the keyboard using my own programming and not by any other software or stuff. This means I could send my codes to the keyboard so it could show the colour I want to, It doesn't matter if I can't control each key as I have a trizone keyboard. I just want to add complete customizability to the keyboard colouring and effects.

Looking forward to some genius to turn up and answer this p

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Sure it's possible. What programming and code do you know now? Python? C++? etc? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Mudit_Lal
    JackE said:
    Sure it's possible. What programming and code do you know now? Python? C++? etc? Jack E/NJ
    Yeah I know C++ and an beginner in Python
  • JackE
    I'm pretty sure the installed app drivers are C++ based. So that means reverse-engineering or decompiling what's in them now. Then tweaking and re-compiling it yourself. Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• Mudit_Lal
    JackE said:
    I'm pretty sure the installed app drivers are C++ based. So that means reverse-engineering or decompiling what's in them now. Then tweaking and re-compiling it yourself. Jack E/NJ   
    I'm completely new to de-compiling and stuff, although I can go around the code and make out what it means. So, coding is not a problem but how to get to it the problem
  • JackE
    Decompiling only yields bits & pieces of original code. But it might be enough to give you clues on how to do it, especially if you can find code examples for more popular Windows-oriented HID hardware like from Logitech.  Sorry, I don't have access to that kind of info for the PT515's KB other than its supplier, brief description & part numbers shown below. Google may be your friend for finding suitable exe decompilers like SnowMan. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ