Realtek family controller keeps disappearing after reboot (Orion 3000)

Options
Tukec
Tukec Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
I bought Predator Orion 3000 (PO3-600) about four months ago and one day after rebooting my desktop my Realtek family controller (gigabit network controller) didn't appear in my device controller anymore which basically means that wasn't able to use my Ethernet at all. WiFi was still working fine. Tried to download the new drivers etc. but it didn't help at all. After a few weeks (without any actions) it started to work again until now when the same thing happened again. Not really sure what's it all about and is there something that I could do? Seems very strange to me. Thank you in advance!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I've got to think it's either a driver issue or something locking the driver. I saw a similar issue a while ago with network adapters that also had some VPN software installed. If you didn't disable the VPN then the adapter was locked out and shown as missing. Likely that's not your problem, but it could be something similar. When the adapter next disappears, try booting in safe mode to see if it reappears.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ApexImperium
    ApexImperium Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just got the same issue, the controller just disappear... Where you able to fix this (I just reinstall Windows and still not there)?
  • tomwhite3d
    tomwhite3d Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi I have the same thing
  • pejole2165
    pejole2165 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Same thing happens to mine, I have found that shutting down the PC then unplugging the kettle lead from tower and plugging it back in, then booting up, 99% of the time restores the LAN. My theory is the I/O shield maybe shorts it out and un-plugging/re-plugging earths it....that's the best theory I have. But the method does work.
  • Skampis
    Skampis Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2019
    Options
    "Same thing happens to mine, I have found that shutting down the PC then unplugging the kettle lead from tower and plugging it back in, then booting up, 99% of the time restores the LAN. My theory is the I/O shield maybe shorts it out and un-plugging/re-plugging earths it....that's the best theory I have. But the method does work."

Worked for me. // Skampis