Is "app data" folder is so important?

Options
Nebir
Nebir Member Posts: 75 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I deleted my "app data" folder from my laptop...after deleting i cant find "disc clean up" option.... predator sence don't work.
What can i do right now? How can i recover them?

Best Answer

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Doing regedit > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > Directory > Background > shellex > ContextMenuHandlers and deleting every file except for New and WorkFolders.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

Answers

• MaClane
    Options
    Good afternoon Nebir !

AppData is a system folder, created for Windows and third-party applications to save their data and settings. This folder is created per user, thus allowing each user to have their own settings and not interfere with the settings of other users.

There are three folders within AppData, and different programs store different types of settings in each. When you open the AppData folder you will see the Local, LocalLow and Roaming folders

Why did you delete this folder?
    To recupear would require some recovery software and even then if the data was not overwritten.

You can also try to restore Windows to an earlier date.

If it does not work, just create another user or reinstall the factory system.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Nebir
    Options
    @Maclane
    How can i restore windows?
    I deleted this folder because of it takes too much storage 6 gb.....then i decided to delete the "app data" folder.

If i uninstall the predator senece and reinstall it....then any trouble would happen if i do this?
  • MaClane
    Options
    The folder contains important system files and should already have been removed.
    Even if you reinstall the applications the bases and settings have been lost.

https://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/computing/windows-10/how-to-fix-windows-10-problems-with-system-restore-11364008291943

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Nebir
    Options
    @Maclane
    If i follow this steps...can i get all "app data" files?
  • MaClane
    Options
    If they have not been overwritten.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Nebir
    Options
    @Maclane
    I follow the first method......
    It appears (in picture) over 40 minutes but nothing happened....is it normal?

• MaClane
    Options
    In some cases it may take hours to restore because the system will scan the HDD in order to try to recover the files.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Nebir
    Options
    @MaClane
    Ok.thanks
    Let me see what happened ☹️
    Tension grow up what will happen 😑
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited May 2019
    Options
    @Nebir if you deleted the appdata folder you cant recover it technically windows locks it as hidden so you cant find it unless you setup the hidden folders/files to show up so you wont be able to delete anything on it by mistake so for you to have deleted everything in the appdata folder you had to get if visible first this folder its not to play with unless you know exactly what you are doing your only/best solution now is to format everything and start over as all apps will start to crash or not even open at all at some point as you had deleted all stored data that is needed for the software/apps to work you can try recovery software in order to recover deleted files/partitions but the probability of you being successful  its 1 in 10000000 so as i said your best option now to get everything back working again properly its to restore it to acer factory ALT+F10 on boot and format/delete all files for a fresh install but backup whatever you need first or you will loose it all and the windows restore will only restore recently uninstalled/installed apps and its completely useless never worked properly not even on windows xp and will never work so forget windows restore to go to a previous date 99% of the times it says it had restored successfully but all is the same so as i said its the most useless MS tool ever created

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    Better reset or reinstall Windows 10. Whatever others have said here about various problems is bound to happen. You should have moved the apps to other drive like I do. That way, SSD remains clear of storage that Windows needs.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • Nebir
    Options
    @XdxD
    If i reset my laptop...then my all drives data will be gone? Or just "c" drive will be gone?
  • MaClane
    Options
    This will depend on how your HD is partitioned.
    But ideally you should back up to some external device first.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    Nebir said:
    @XdxD
    If i reset my laptop...then my all drives data will be gone? Or just "c" drive will be gone?
    Windows reset kills windows drive and cleans up windows.
    Laptop reset via Acer tool kill everything on primary hard disk and restores to factory defaults.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • XdxD
    Options
    Nebir said:
    @XdxD
    Better back up your important setup files and other things like pictures, songs, videos, etc. to an external drive. Since you have deleted app data folder, even if you reset with saving your files, most programs won't work and you need to uninstall and reinstall them later. So do a reset with keeping nothing as selected.
  • Nebir
    Options
    @xdxd
    @Mclane
    @sri369
    If i choose 1st option(in picture) then what happened?
    Only my "c" drives data will be gone or "all" drivers data will be gone?
  • XdxD
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Nebir said:
    @xdxd
    @Mclane
    @sri369
    If i choose 1st option(in picture) then what happened?
    Only my "c" drives data will be gone or "all" drivers data will be gone?
    Only C's data will go, but if you have program's installed in D, then you need to reinstall them as they won't work. Their registries are stored in C drive only.
  • Nebir
    Options
    #Xdxd 
    Ok i understand
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Personally i would remove everything as if you keep it it will not restore the appdata files /folders you deleted it will only restore windows apps data as i said fresh install is the best solution

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Nebir
    Options
    @xapim

Ok.....
  • Nebir
    Options
    #xapim
    #mclane
    #sri369
    After reset...my mouse right button now working.what can i do?
    Just show loading