Acer predator orion 3000

Jam_92091
Jam_92091 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
How many hard drive slots does the Acer predator orion 3000 come with?

Answers

• the model exact is po3-600?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Jam_92091
    Jam_92091 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah the po3-600
  • See this photo:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    There are two drive mounted for HDDs plus the one for the ODD. With the three SATA connectors shown that means you can expand up to one SSD (in the M.2 slot), one ODD and two HDDs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tozan35
    tozan35 Member Posts: 9 New User
    There's something not right with the machine.

I recently got an Acer Origin 3000 Preadtor Machine from Harvey Normans and was I told it by the store it only had a 512 hard drive in it.   But after getting the machine when I look at devices and drives after setting it up, I find there's only 100 GB on  C drive free out of 237 GB and on Drive D has 237 gb free out of 237, that is after installing in Unreal Engine which takes up 5 or so gigs.

Then I go check the Acer's official Manufacturing Website to look at the Hardware Specs they are selling the
    Acer Predator 3000 For. I find out they are selling the machines with 32 gb of Ram, 8 gb video card with a 1 Tb hardrive, and a second 512 hard drive.  They also say that the 3000 Machine can be upgraded to a max of 64 GB of Ram.   So it Appears Acer
    are selling the machine with all the hardware parts in it except for the ram upgrade to 64 gb.  So you get 32 gb.

Harvey Norman however was selling the machine stripped down of half its hardware with only 16 GB of ram in it,
    8 GB GTX 2070 graphics Card with a 512 hdd, but with no 1 tb hdd.  So the main 1tb Hard drive was missing.  So I did not get in the machine what was originally advertised for up on the Acer Manufactuers Website.  The machine only had half the hardware in it.  Not the full hardware that Acer was selling it for on their website.   And Havey told me that the Ram in the machine is only upgradable to just 32 GB RAM MAX. Something fishy going on here.  Acer says the machine can go to 64 GB Max, but Harvey sales people were  telling me that the machine can only have a max capacity of 32 GB and can't go any higher.  But because I'm a GAMES Developer and use UNreal Engine, I need at least 32 or 64 GB of ram... The Machine I was sold has got a I7 CPU in it.  I don't need to argue with the guy who sold the machine since they have got store policies to protect them so its pointless so I come on here in the Acer forums to get some answers to explain what happened and what can be done about it by Acer because my machine was sold to me with half the parts missing, but it will displease me if Acer just turns around and tells me that the stores who sell the machines can do whatever they want in their Regions with their machines.  Sell it under false pretenses, strip the hardware all out if they want to and only display the stripped down hardware specs on it and not display the original full hardware specs that the machine is manufactured with so the store can try to force customers to have to pay out more extra money just to restore back the machine to all its original hardware.

Anyone here has any knowledge of this kind of bad situation.    I think the machine was stripped of half its parts by the
    store

• There are several versions for the same desktop model. Does the bios information or main tab show ssd and hdd? what is the first ten partnumber numbers on your computer?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    If I go to the Acer US site I see twelve different versions of the PO3-600 Predator Orion 3000 machine. They try to give you as many choices as possible, from the least expensive to the most expensive. Worldwide there are probably 50 or more different models, since each different language means a new model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tozan35
    TWELVE DIFFERENT VERSIONS of the same model machine?  Twelve of them?   I just checked Acer's website under PO3-600 model number which is my machine model number I'm left wondering what the hell is going on with these crazy machines. Why are there different downsized machines being released around the world under the same PO3-600 number?  I'm left a little confused.  My machine has just one 512 gb drive in it, but on Acer's website it says there's supposed to be two hard drives installed in the machine.  a 512 and a 1tb.  That's how I read the wording in their advertisement.

This is what the Bios tells me about my machine.  There are no Sata drives installed.  Only the CD Optical Disk is installed.

Bios Version is R01-02
    Processor is I7 9700 CPU  3 GHZ
    Memory 16 GB
    Predator P03-600
    System Serial No: DGE1BSA013930022F69600
    Base Board Serial No: DBE1111004911002159100

Hard Drive: WDC PC SN520 SDAPNUW-512G-1014  (512 GB)
                     Serial No: 192585467205

Graphics Card: GTX 2070 8 GB

Why has my machine got a 512 GB hard drive which is small for a game developer's needs, 16GB Ram, 8 GB graphics card in it,
    while the other same machine advertised under the same model number says it has a 1TB hdd, a 512 second hard drive, but
    with only a 6 gig graphics card?. Why has the Graphics card on that other machine been downgraded when its the same
    model number as mine? Why has my machine been given the 512 gb drive, while the advertised one on Acer's website says it has two drives. Or does it have two drives installed in the machine they don't say if its avaliable hard drive space that's IN the Machine
    on the medium or is the total upgradable hard drive space that's avaliable FOR the machine if you add another drive.

And what do they mean by Total Solid State Drive Capacity?.  These words are confusing, is that the actual space
    that's avaliable on the hard drive when you buy the machine?  Or is this only the virtual space avaliable in the
    machine only if you add another drive?   They don't say which one it is,they don't say if its medium space or virtual space.. So that's why I expected the machine to already have a 1tb hard drive in it.

The machine should come installed with 1TB hard drive and also a 512 GB second drive.  But that seems to not be the case here when I check the bios and find there's only just one 512 gb hard drive listed in my machine.  

Now after I checked the bios to see what's is actually been installed in my machine Now I interpret their words as Total Solid Date Drive Capacity now to be the actual medium that's installed in the machine and the 1TB Total Hard Drive Capacity is only just the avaliable space only if you install in a second drive into the machine.  That was misleading for Acer to word it that way because that lead me to think you get the 1TB hard drive in the machine when they say Total Hard Drive Capacity, for I had no idea they were talking about the upgrade space of the machine I thought they were talking about space already on the drive. 

• billsey
    Now you are starting to see why there are so many SKUs, and you haven't even touched the iceberg. :) Each different combo of storage, memory, CPU and GPU gives a different model, with the model number going from a P03-600-xxxx to a P03-600-yyyy. In addition to the different models like that there are all the different languages they ship to. Machines going to South Africa are going to be different models than the ones going to Ukraine or Peru, even if the specs are the same. There are probably 50-60 different keyboards worldwide...
    A model that would be close to yours is the PO3-600-UR1E, except it has the 2060 GPU instead of the 2070.
    What I suggest is to repartition the drive and get rid of that 256GB D : drive (I have to put that extra space in or else I get an emoji D:) so everything is on the single 512GB C: drive (it will actually be lower than 256GB and 512GB since drive manufacturers and software engineers count differently), then if you need extra storage space put another drive in and set it all as the D : drive. The 512GB SSD you have is likely an NVMe SSD in the M.2 slot at position #8 in the diagram that @egydiocoelho posted above. You should have all three SATA connectors free unless you have an ODD installed.
    Now as to Total Solid State Drive Capacity... Drive manufacturers count 1,000 bytes as a kilobyte, 1,000,000 as a megabyte and 1,000,000,000 as a gigabyte. Programmers use 1024 as a kilobyte, 1,048,576 as a megabyte and 1,073,741,824 as a gigabyte. That's because programmers use powers of 2 instead of 10. The 512,000,000,000 byte storage on your drive is 476.837158203125 gigabytes in programming terms, so a bit more than 476GB. In addition the OS reserves some space, 100MB or so for the EFI partition, 1GB or so for the Recovery environment and as much as 4-10GB for the recovery image. All that subtracts from the "512" GB you started with. So, when you see only 476GB on the C: and D : drives combined, that's the reason.
  • tozan35
    Ok so they do go by a different model number, was wondering about that ok.    Yes I found it strange that my machine has the 2070 GPU while the other one has the 2060 GPU.   All three Sata Connectors are not installed (as it says in the bios settings).  I have one ODD Optical Disk Drive I think that what that means... (DVD Drive) installed.   And one 512 GB Hard Drive.  Which is now only 97 gb left after installing Unreal and other game development software.   Because realistically you need at least 1-2 TB drive set aside for game development for Unreal Engine.   I already suspected that the windows OS system would reserve at least 200 GB of the hard drive to itself for those other purposes for system backups..... I do have a 2 TB hard drive but its on the other machine.  But I don't think that drive is compatible because its an HP drive, not an Acer drive. But if I could install that it would solve my storage space problem  So I may have to get a new drive if its not compatible or cannot be installed.    But I can't do that at the moment because of buying this Predator machine.   So I think you need 2 TB hard drive at least. 

Now I have updated the Nividia Graphic Drivers.  The Bios which is R01-02 I have not yet upgraded it to R01-03 just yet (I think that's how you are supposed to upgrade the bios by hopping up one version of it at a time until you get up to the latest version of the bios as I am three or so versions behind the latest version by the looks of things).... So I just want to make sure I update it correctly until its updated to the latest version.    

I have been getting sudden Reboots happening every now and again, but now they are happening after abt three hours after the machine is left on after I had changed the sleep times in windows because it was set to 10 minutes..   So extending the time to sleep that might have resolved that issue.  Because when the machine goes to sleep, the fans start going full blast and then it just shuts off and reboots itself.....

• billsey
    The HP drive should wok perfectly well, the standard is SATA and either 2.5" or 3.5" size, and that's been around for a very, very long time. If it's in a desktop then it's likely a 3.5" and if newer than, say, ten years old it's SATA3 and would connect right up and work with your old data still on it. The space on a dive for Windows itself tends to run in the 15-30GB range, and pushes up to the 60-100GB range when several apps are installed. User data usually eats up the remainder... If you get rid of the current data partition and use the whole dive for OS and apps you should be good. I've been running my Switch 7 now for about a year and a half and including my source code I've got 214GB free out of the 475GB C: partition. I have a 256GB SD card installed to handle data like my ebooks, but it's barely been touched.
    If you need to upgrade the BIOS you can just put the latest on. If it's not compatible it should tell you when you try. We don't normally recommend it unless someone is experiencing one of the issues addressed in the update. There's a small but significant risk where if something gets aborted during the upgrade you could end up with a bricked MB. Usually when we see that it's because the user got impatient and power cycled the machine while it was writing to the EEPROM...
    Run a temperature monitor to see if you are seeing anything there that could lead toward the reboots. On higher end gaming platforms the design typically expects to run at higher temperatures that the typical desktop, but if you're up near 90C without taxing the system hard we might want to look into that. The running fans are a symptom of the reboot, a warm start fires the fans at full speed until it gets a good temperature reading, then throttles them back to match the heat load. My servers all do that as well, you can hear them in the whole house whenever they do a reboot. :)
  • tozan35
    billsey said:
    The HP drive should wok perfectly well, the standard is SATA and either 2.5" or 3.5" size, and that's been around for a very, very long time. If it's in a desktop then it's likely a 3.5" and if newer than, say, ten years old it's SATA3 and would connect right up and work with your old data still on it. The space on a dive for Windows itself tends to run in the 15-30GB range, and pushes up to the 60-100GB range when several apps are installed. User data usually eats up the remainder... If you get rid of the current data partition and use the whole dive for OS and apps you should be good. I've been running my Switch 7 now for about a year and a half and including my source code I've got 214GB free out of the 475GB C: partition. I have a 256GB SD card installed to handle data like my ebooks, but it's barely been touched.

Ok, the Hard Drive is the following type:  ST3000DM001-1ER166 with a 2861588 MB Capacity) Yes its a all in one desktop HP PC.

billsey said:
    If you need to upgrade the BIOS you can just put the latest on. If it's not compatible it should tell you when you try. We don't normally recommend it unless someone is experiencing one of the issues addressed in the update. There's a small but significant risk where if something gets aborted during the upgrade you could end up with a bricked MB. Usually when we see that it's because the user got impatient and power cycled the machine while it was writing to the EEPROM...
    Run a temperature monitor to see if you are seeing anything there that could lead toward the reboots. On higher end gaming platforms the design typically expects to run at higher temperatures that the typical desktop, but if you're up near 90C without taxing the system hard we might want to look into that. The running fans are a symptom of the reboot, a warm start fires the fans at full speed until it gets a good temperature reading, then throttles them back to match the heat load. My servers all do that as well, you can hear them in the whole house whenever they do a reboot. :)

• billsey
    Yeah, the Seagate ST3000DM001 modls are 3TB 3.5" drives and should drop right in... Let us know what your temps are running at.