Black screen of death (Aspire One)

Options
Sandeepsai
Sandeepsai Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Suddenly my pc went to black screen and i have used some methods to auto repair it but itit alwa says that ur pc couldn't be auto repair
What to do now please help me get my pc back ???

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Turn the laptop completely off. Remove the charger. Look for a pinhole on the bottom of the machine with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for about 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in. Wait another 15 minutes. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Turn the laptop completely off. Remove the charger. Look for a pinhole on the bottom of the machine with a battery symbol. Gently insert a paper clip into the pinhole for about 10 seconds. Then let the machine rest for about 15 minutes. Then plug the charger back in. Wait another 15 minutes. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• GarryA
    GarryA Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I have a (very old) (but useful) Acer Aspire One that developed the Black Screen suddenly about 48 hours ago. I have tried to locate a site that can let me have a BIOS Flash download, as I suspect this could solve my problem, but none of the sites will accept neither of the serial number nor the SNID number printed on the underside of the 'puter. The unit is labled as an 'AOA150-Aw', The serial number is quoted as '************************, and the SNID is quoted as '*************' (with a space in the middle). Acer say these numbers do not exist.

Any Ideas please?

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

• XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,584 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    edited July 2019
    Options
    GarryA said:
    I have a (very old) (but useful) Acer Aspire One that developed the Black Screen suddenly about 48 hours ago. I have tried to locate a site that can let me have a BIOS Flash download, as I suspect this could solve my problem, but none of the sites will accept neither of the serial number nor the SNID number printed on the underside of the 'puter. The unit is labled as an 'AOA150-Aw', The serial number is quoted as '************************, and the SNID is quoted as '************** (with a space in the middle). Acer say these numbers do not exist.

Any Ideas please?

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/61;-; Only for Windows XP it says.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • create0
    create0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Thank you! for providing a quite triumph concept and knowledge with such an expertise information through which mine problem was sorted out.