Swift 3 SF315-52G-33A3 is it possible to uprade RAM and add additional HDD disk?

kovalr
kovalr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, my laptop is Swift 3 SF315-52G-33A3 (NX.GZAEU.037)
My questions are:
Is there space for additional HDD 2.5 disk or additional PCIe SSD ?
Is it possible to upgrade RAM memory?

Thanks in advance 

Best Answers

• miran_da_bear
    miran_da_bear Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    kovalr said:
    Hello,
    1. Is there space for additional HDD 2.5 disk or additional PCIe SSD?
      M.2 2280 PCIe x4 NVMe or SATA III SSD
      You'll also need these parts:
      47.GZCN5.001 - SSD AL MYLAR (aluminum foil cover)
      86.GNUN5.001 - SCREW M2x2.5 (to fix the M.2 ssd)

2. Is it possible to upgrade RAM memory?
      Up to 32GB DDR4 2400MHz(2x16GB). See the datasheet.
      Check your current memory module because this series is shipped with memory modules of 2400 or 2666MHz but they work at 2400MHz.
    Hey, thank you for your answer. 
    Are you sure that free slot for additional disk exist? I asked to local Acer service and they answered that it is impossible. I am little confused. 

Hello! Yes, even I called our local Acer agents as well and they said that you cannot add a 2.5" SATA hard. But I removed the laptop one day, and there is an empty space for HDD (check the photo). You need a bracket and a SATA HDD cable to plug the hard in. I ordered the cable from Aliexpress for like $3, because the official cable and bracket is pretty expensive, and cant ship it to my country.

I'll be installing the HDD as soon as the cable arrives. I'll update if everything works.
  • miran_da_bear
    Answer ✓
    kovalr said:
    Hello,

Check your current memory module because this series is shipped with memory modules of 2400 or 2666MHz but they work at 2400MHz.
    Are you sure that free slot for additional disk exist? I asked to local Acer service and they answered that it is impossible. I am little confused. 

Hello! Yes, even I called our local Acer agents as well and they said that you cannot add a 2.5" SATA hard. But I removed the laptop one day, and there is an empty space for HDD (check the photo). You need a bracket and a SATA HDD cable to plug the hard in. I ordered the cable from Aliexpress for like $3, because the official cable and bracket is pretty expensive, and cant ship it to my country.

I'll be installing the HDD as soon as the cable arrives. I'll update if everything works.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,274 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    Hello,

France
  • kovalr
    Hello,

• miran_da_bear
    Answer ✓
    kovalr said:
    Hello,

• miran_da_bear
    Answer ✓
    kovalr said:
    Hello,

• kovalr
    kovalr said:
    Hello,

Thank you so much. Are talking about this HDD cable ?
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WZSM-Genuine-New-Acer-Swift-3-SF315-52G-82TV-SF315-Laptop-Hard-Drive-HDD-Connector-Cable/32993097678.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.6cdc3d06eHTYly&algo_pvid=a4b9d3c7-8827-455e-ac2e-3f921857c0ac&algo_expid=a4b9d3c7-8827-455e-ac2e-3f921857c0ac-10&btsid=153ca5ec-32f7-48f0-b8ff-378eb625467f&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_52