Aspire 5553g ZR8A - win xp?

JoseMarti
JoseMarti Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I have tried to load win xp but having no luck, just getting a blue screen of death shortly after the disc starts spinning.
Linux crashes also.
Is there any way around this?

Any help appreciated.   

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited May 2019
    Good Morning JoseMarti !

In which mode are you installing?
    What EXACT model of your laptop?
    Have you checked physical integrity of the HDD and memory banks?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JoseMarti

Tinkerer

I have tried three different win xp discs, no joy. Vista and win 7 no problem.
    It's a Aspire 5553g ZR8A other numbers are: N934G32Mn
    I have used three different hard drives and three different memory sticks (in different slots, each attempt).  So I wouldn't have thought there's a real need for checking hard drives and memory.

Thank you for your reply.
  • JoseMarti

Tinkerer

Problem fixed, go to the bios and change the sata settings to ide/sata, then reboot and install win xp.
    Apparently this is the same for a lot of Acer laptops, which brings me to ask the question why didn't anyone tell me? Now I have to find chipset drivers. Anyone?
  • MaClane
    The point is that the latest Bios in legacy mode and the fully UEFi are not being developed with native operating system support under Windows 7.
    This is a worldwide trend in all developers.
    XP, Vista etc does not natively have compatible technologies with various SATA or UEFi drivers and controllers.

As for drivers, chipset, etc., Acer only provides approved for Windows 7.
    You can download and try: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/2232;-;

If it does not work then you will have to use other methods.
    The most viable are:
    Use hardware identification software such as AIDA64 and manually download each driver and controller.
    Or you can use driver automation software such as DriverPack or DriverBooster.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• JoseMarti

Tinkerer

All sorted now, thank you for your help. Xp running sweet as a nut and playing all my old desktop games, partitioned the hard drive win 7 all good.
    Cheers.
  • MaClane
    Great!
    Accept my answers that helped you!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™