Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G Backlit

Options
madfry
madfry Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Dear Acer, 

I would like to request that the next BIOS implement a Enable/Disable button for the keyboard backlighting. The unit then would be perfect. I know it is possible to do since it was implemented without problem in my Acer Predator Helios gaming laptop. 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning madfry !

Is the on / off feature not active on your model?
    Is Acer Quick Access installed?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• madfry
    madfry Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Sorry, it does seem that I didn't articulate what I wanted clearly enough. 

The backlit on the laptop times out after 30 seconds of non use. The Predator also had the same backlit timeout, until they implemented a bios option where the backlit timeout option was presented as Enable/Disabled. Disabling the timeout function means that they keyboard will stay backlit even if there was no input for more than 30 seconds. 

I mean, why put the backlit there if you need to press a key to turn it back on every time you pause to gather your thoughts?

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Much clearer now!
    In this case, I suggest that you inform the idea directly to the Acer team by chat or by contacting a moderator / administrator, such as Acer-Many or Acer-Jose!

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!