Windows 10 driver solution for ET430K?

Options
Basher
Basher Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives

I’m running an Acer ET430K on an Alienware A51 R4 with Intel Core i9-7900X and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti.  It runs 4K@60 quite nicely but I noticed it is using a Microsoft Generic PnP Monitor driver from 2006... A bit old even if it works:-) The Acer website only have Win 7 & Win 8 drivers for this monitor and I’m on the latest 64bit version of Windows 10 Pro.  The official answer from Acer is "these are the only drivers we have" which is not as helpful as it could☹.  A bit of advice please from anyone who has done this or an MVP, is it worth downloading the Win 7/8 drivers from Acer and installing them under compatibility mode?  Thanks, Peter

Best Answer

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Basher,
    Since its not having the drivers for win 10. The only option is to download the win 8 and add in compatibility mode. Mostly it Should work. Monitor is Just a plug and play device. So it wont have much issues. 
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)

Answers

• christy1
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @Basher,
    Since its not having the drivers for win 10. The only option is to download the win 8 and add in compatibility mode. Mostly it Should work. Monitor is Just a plug and play device. So it wont have much issues. 
  • Basher
    Options
    Thanks for the confirmation, I'll give that a go this week:-) Peter
  • christy1
    Options
    Thats great. All the best. 
  • Basher
    Options
    Just in case anyone comes along and reads this later, got to do the install of the Win 7/8 drivers and it went fine, screen driver is now ET 430K not generic monitor.  Played a few games and everything seems to work fine!  Peter
  • christy1
    Options
    Basher said:
    Just in case anyone comes along and reads this later, got to do the install of the Win 7/8 drivers and it went fine, screen driver is now ET 430K not generic monitor.  Played a few games and everything seems to work fine!  Peter
    Good to know that it worked for you.