Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

memory stick

thebreezethebreeze Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

I want to add an 8 GB memory stick to the existing 8 GB stick that comes installed in the Aspire TC-855 I am going to order. The specs say it is a Dual Channel DDR4 2666/2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM. I believe that it is better to have a matching pair. What does that entail exactly? Is it as simple as getting a stick that matches the specs listed above or do I need to purchase a matched pair of two 8 gb memory sitcks? Thanks

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 10,924ACE Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You could find out the specs of your current module by installing CPU-z free program and get the matching module.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

• MaClaneMaClane Posts: 5,944ACE Pathfinder
    Good Morning thebreeze !

What is the EXACT desktop model?
    Example: TC-885-UR11

Memories that work in dual-channel only have to be allocated in pairs.
    However, the ideal is that they are of the same make and model.
    Rarely, there is incompatibility due to CAS, latencies, frequency or capacity.

Then you can correctly identify your installed (make and model) and purchase another or you can purchase a 16Gb kit already tested with approved compatibility.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um "Curtir", marque como "Solucionado" e clique em "Promover"!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a like, flag as "Fixed" and click "Promote"!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

ACE Pathfinder 2014 - 2019                          

• thebreezethebreeze Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

edited April 26
    Thank you for your responses. >brummyfan2,  Good suggestion but I do not have possession of the computer yet. I am researching memory sticks in hopes of ordering one when I order the computer. > MaClane, The exact model is Aspire TC-885-ACCFLi5O, Part Number: DT.BAPAA.013. I was hoping someone might know the type of memory stick that came with this computer model so I could purchase a matching stick but as you stated I can buy a two x 8 GB kit if necessary. It seems that ACER tech specs are not easy to find. I have found a lot of general info but that is about it. It would be nice to find a service manual. Thanks again.

• laurent_14laurent_14 Posts: 7,080ACE Pathfinder
    I would suggest you to wait to receive the computer as it is shipped with 5 different memory modules: Micron, Kingston, A-data for the brands and 2400 or 2666MHz for the frequencies.
  • thebreezethebreeze Posts: 13Member

Tinkerer

laurent_14, I agree with your comment. I am still doing research on this model to see what upgrade options are available and what it will cost to implement them If I choose to do so. I may not upgrade it at all but by doing research I can learn more about the system and get a better idea if it is what I want or not. A lot has changed since I purchased my last computer system seven years ago. I have a lot of catching up to do. Good thing is I enjoy doing research. Thank you for your response.