Acer Nitro AN515-51

Options
juangotdollars
juangotdollars Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I am wondering if I can switch GPUs on my Acer nitro 5, it is currently using intel graphics and I want it to use my 1050ti graphics

Answers

• Ishy
    Ishy Member Posts: 143 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi, @juangotdollars Yes, you can use only the Geforce1050ti graphics but usually it's not recommended.

If you want to you can disable the Intel graphics which would allow only the geforce to run. 
    1) Go to device manager
    2) Right click on Intel Graphics under display adapters and disable it.

Usually Intel graphics is the main graphics for the device. If the intel card can handle the requirements of games or any regular necessities then it will run with Intel graphics. Only if the requirements exceed then geforce 1050ti will take over and run. 

Please click accept answer if I solved your question. Thanks
  • tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Are you running a game that is not utilizing the nVidia card? If so you can navigate to the nVidia Control Panel and set the application to run on the nVidia card. You can also change the 3D Global settings to pick the higher performance nVidia card.
    Since your laptop has both a dedicated and integrated graphics card, it uses Optimus technology to switch between the cards seamlessly. Disabling one card will disable this feature. 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good night juangotdollars !

First understand that the standard GPU of every current laptop is the integrated processor GPU.
    The dedicated GPU is only enabled when the system needs more graphics power.
    The information is "routed" to an integrated GPU that is responsible for the display on the monitor.

Contrary to what some claim, in the chaos where it is possible to disable the fully integrated GPU, it can cause various misinterpretations, battery consumption, system overheating, instruction failures, and so on.

If you need the dedicated GPU to work on a given application, you must configure your system correctly on Nvidia's Painle and Intel HD Graphics.

Remembering that both processor and GPU will only provide full performance when connected to a power outlet and configured for High Performance in Windows power options.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!