I have an Acer Aspire F 15 F5-571T-569T with charging problems

1111grl8
1111grl8 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an extremely annoying problem. I have to twist and manipulate my charger to get my laptop to start charging and then any movement could cause it to stop charging. I took it to a repair shop a few months ago and I told them I suspected it was a problem with the charging port because my charger was fairly new. They told me they tried another charger and it worked so they suggested a buy a new charger. So I bought a new charger from the ACER website so I was sure I was getting a good quality one and it solved my issue and charged normally for a while (about 2 months) until now when it has started to do the exact same thing with another fairly new charger. 

So my question is charging ports expensive to replace or could it be some other issue? 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning 1111grl8 !

If it really is the internal adapter and you are under warranty, I suggest you power it up.
    However it may be a matter of the interrupt or calibration button.

Then calibrate and reset the battery.

CALIBRATION AND BATTERY RESET

First, disable Quick Start in the power options and disconnect the notebook from the power outlet.

httpsikinja-imgcomgawker-mediaimageuploads--xWOn54Iw--c_scalef_autofl_progressiveq_80w_8001526844273443938480png

BATTERY CONTROLLER RESET
    Access the device manager and look for the "acpi-compatible control method battery driver" and "Microsoft AC Adapter" and give it up.
    Then restart the notebook for Windows to reinstall and remove any errors.

httpsimagesdrivereasycomwp-contentuploads201811img_5bfe7020cb7efjpg

Process to reset the battery

Disconnect the power adapter.
        Locate the hole to reset the battery in the bottom of the computer.
        He inserted a small clip into the hole. Hold the reset button for 05 seconds.
        Let the computer rest for 5 minutes without power.
        Plug in the power adapter and turn on the system.

External Battery Pack

If your notebook has an external battery, proceed as follows:
    1- Unplug the appliance from the mains and then disconnect the battery.
    2- Press the power button for thirty seconds, so that the static power is dissipated.
    3 - Replace the battery and turn the unit on.

Process for calibrating the battery

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated.

Power Outage Button

The interrupt button not being pressed correctly may generate this problem.

There is a power interrupt button:

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditoriscep5djl3gb9qpng

If it is not pressed down or the case is misaligned, errors may occur.
    Check the same and use something like a layer of insulation tape to force and press this button correctly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer
    Hi @1111grl8 Surely the connector of the equipment has slack and allows the connector of the charger to move, the change of the connector will depend on how it is coupled to the motherboard, you will have to consult again the technical service if it is possible to change it and if possible, how much would it be price.

NOTE:
    My answer is translated by Google Translator.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• 1111grl8
    MaClane thanks. I will try those steps and report back. Alez_Curquejo thank you for your reply
  • Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,247 Trailblazer
    @1111grl8 You're welcome, have a good day.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)

• 1111grl8
    I followed the instruction from MaClane but it's still doing the same thing. The laptop is just over 3 years old so no warranty. 
  • stephaniey
    stephaniey Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi 1111grl8.  I am having the exact same issue on the same laptop that is the same age.  Please let me know if you found a solution.  I have been looking for a compatible charging port and a video the show how to replace it, but it is hard to do since my laptop can't be bumped or moved or it loses connection and is close to dying.....ugh.