Acer Predator 17 CPU Fan 0 Rpm

Options
UsamaS9Plus
UsamaS9Plus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, I've Acer Predator 17 Laptop I Used To Play Games On It But Suddenly It Started Heatup CPU Temperatures Reaches At 95c In Just 2 Mints. I Checked On Predator Sense It Is Showing CPU Fan Speed as 0 rpm Then I Opened My Laptop But I Couldn't Find CPU Fan Other 2 Fans Are Working Fine. One More Thing When I Used To Play Games It Used To Exceed Alot Of Heat From The Vents On It's Back But Now When I Play Games I Doesn't Exceed Heat I Think CPU Fan Isn't Spinning Or It is Not Spinning Fast. I Also Think That This Problem Is Caused By The BIOS 1.12 Update. What Could Be The Problem? 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    While the laptop is on use a flashlight to look through the vents underneath to see if the fan is spinning.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• UsamaS9Plus
    UsamaS9Plus Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    While the laptop is on use a flashlight to look through the vents underneath to see if the fan is spinning.
    I've Look Through The Vents & I Can See The Fan Is Spinning
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    As the fan spinning, that means it could be a bug with predator sense or a poor connection with the fan speed signal line.

I suggest you re-install predator sense to see if that helps. If it doesn't try resetting the battery:
    https://za.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If none helps, you can open the laptop and disconnect and reconnect the fan. When the laptop is upside down(opened condition like in the picture you have attached) the fan on the left is the GPU fan and the fan on the right is the CPU fan.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!