Freezing issues, BSOD and keyboard repeating symbols

Toxicus
Toxicus Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I bought my laptop Acer Helios 300 (Model: PH315-51) about 2 month ago. There are few issues that I still can't fix:
1. Keyboard freezing and typing same symbol from time to time. Something like this - Helllllllllllllllo. I'm using external Logitech keyboard and it works fine with other laptop.
2. BSOD after waking up the laptop from time to time
3. Display settings resetting from time to time. I use external Dell display, so my laptop lid always close and I use Extend Displays. But sometimes after restarting I have to open laptop lid to adjust settings once again.
4. Some Windows apps are blurry

I've installed Nvidia VGA drivers latest version from Acer website, but it didn't help. I also have Memory dump file if it helps.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Honestly i would contact your seller or Acer support service directly to have a under warranty check, especially the repeating keyboard keys.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Toxicus
    Toxicus Member Posts: 2 New User
    IronFly said:
    Honestly i would contact your seller or Acer support service directly to have a under warranty check, especially the repeating keyboard keys.
    I tried to send it to Acer service center, but they couldn't identify problem. What I have found is that keyboard and mouse freezes only when connected to my external monitor USB, but I tested it with another laptop, no issues with monitor USB. And recently I have another BSOD during the work:

Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x61948, 0x1000000, 0x1, 0x1000000)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

I tested memory with memtest86, but no problems were found. What is the other options here?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    no other options on my side...sorry
    I'm not an Acer employee.