MyAspire A715-72G has had multiple BSOD episodes. Causes? Resolution?

KazooCat
KazooCat Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
The Stop Code: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED. I've read that there may be driver issues or software conflicts or a possible BIOS issue. It has BIOS version 1.19. Any assistance on possible causes and the best way to trouble shoot AND resolve the issue would be appreciated. I have had the purchase since November 2018. My previous computer (an HP) never had a BSOD episode. Its disappointing that this laptop has had at least 6 already!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your previous systems probably didn't run Win10 either with its rapid fire major updates that are almost like new versions of Windows under the old Windows numbering systems.

I suggest that you first download and try running DriverBooster or similar freeware driver update tools for compatible driver updates. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

A BIOS firmware update should only be used as a last resort for more serious issues because it is much riskier than driver updates and could render your machine unusable or cause other adverse side-effects.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your previous systems probably didn't run Win10 either with its rapid fire major updates that are almost like new versions of Windows under the old Windows numbering systems.

I suggest that you first download and try running DriverBooster or similar freeware driver update tools for compatible driver updates. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

A BIOS firmware update should only be used as a last resort for more serious issues because it is much riskier than driver updates and could render your machine unusable or cause other adverse side-effects.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KazooCat

Tinkerer

Updating drivers now. One was listed as faulty. Hopefully this solves the issues.
  • JackE
    Did you note the driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KazooCat

Tinkerer

No, I didn’t. I think it may have been the fingerprint reader. There were 11 that needed updates including several Intel drivers.