Transfer laptop screen to tv with HDMI (Aspire E5-576G)

tmonique80
tmonique80 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Like with all our previous laptops, whenever we wanted to transfer what we were watching on the computer to the television, we would plug in the HDMI cord from the tv to the laptop. Every time, it would automatically transfer what was on the computer screen to the tv screen. However with this computer, nothing happened. And I'm not sure what to do about it.

Best Answer

• tmonique80

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    These were the instructions I used and it worked:

Open Device Manager. Click on Display Adapter folder. Right click on the display adapter. Choose update driver while you’re connected to the internet. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,475 Trailblazer
    Try turning the TV on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tmonique80

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Try turning the TV on with the FN+F5 toggle key combo. Jack E/NJ
    Could you be more detailed in the steps to take. Turn on the laptop, plug in the HDMI to tv and laptop but tv should be off? Then press FN+F5 on the laptop? Tv should turn on? With the screen transferred 
  • JackE
    I usually connect everything together before I turning anything on. Then turn on and boot the laptop as normal. Then turn the TV on. If no TV screen signal, then press the FN+F5 toggle key combo to turn the TV screen on. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tmonique80

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    I usually connect everything together before I turning anything on. Then turn on and boot the laptop as normal. Then turn the TV on. If no TV screen signal, then press the FN+F5 toggle key combo to turn the TV screen on. Jack E/NJ
    I did the steps and got the message “You’re PC can’t project to another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using another video card.” Do you know what driver they’re talking about?
  • tmonique80

Tinkerer

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks!
  • JackE
    What was the problem? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• tmonique80

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    These were the instructions I used and it worked:

Open Device Manager. Click on Display Adapter folder. Right click on the display adapter. Choose update driver while you’re connected to the internet. 
  • JackE
    Well done! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ