Acer Aspire A715-72G - Aspire 7 multi touch scroll not working?

DiaaAbujaber
DiaaAbujaber Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited April 2019 in Aspire Laptops
Hello! I have recently bought a new Aspire A715-72G. I installed the drivers for my laptop but I still have trouble with the touchpad, the multi-scroll isn't working, I tried to install synaptic and elan form the internet and both showed me an error and didn't install. I tried every possible solution on the internet and nothing worked with me. What I'm supposed to do now?

I want to point out that when I downloaded touchpad_ELANTECH from the drivers, it hadn't any executable file, so I don't know if I just have to run set.cmd file. 
my mouse settings in device manager show me only "HID-complaint mouse" and "PS/2 Port Compatible Pointing Device".

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    Why did you have to install drivers for anything? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DiaaAbujaber
    @JackE
    Idk what do you mean? I do have to install some drivers like the audio driver as my laptop came without OS.
    from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7627?b=1&pn=NH.GXBEM.029 
  • JackE
    >>>my laptop came without OS.>>>

OK. This was important for me to know that you're trying to install a Microsoft generic Win10 version, not ACER Win10 version. Download and try DriverBooster or similar freeware driver update tools for compatible updates. https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DiaaAbujaber
    That was a good tool it fixed the fingerprint driver for me. However, it didn't fix the touchpad driver.

By the way, I read that "HID-complaint mouse" and "PS/2 Port Compatible Pointing Device" drivers (which are in my device manager) don't support the touchpad gestures. So I think there's something missing. The vendor of touchpad driver in my laptop drivers page is ELANTECH, I assume that it should appear in the device manager if I installed it correctly. The driver installation hasn't any executable file, only ".cmd" file and I just ran that cmd, idk if that's sufficient. 
  • JackE
    >>> "HID-complaint mouse" and "PS/2 Port Compatible Pointing Device">>>

This is correct. One is the touchpad. The other the mouse. They all are probably old WinXP era generic drivers. You might find other entries in the "human interface devices" folder. If you F2 at boot time into the BIOS menu, you may find a touchpad advanced options to enable more features. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DiaaAbujaber
    That fixed my problem. Thanks a million  ;) 
  • JackE
    Congratulations on your success! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• nestquick
    nestquick Member Posts: 2 New User
    would any of you please take the time to explain all this cuz im having the same problem 
    only thing is i dont really know alot bout the stuff u guys are discussing 
  • nestquick
    nestquick Member Posts: 2 New User
    I sent this computer to be fixed by SquareTrade and it looks like they wiped all drivers into oblivion. The wifi receptor wasn't working but i guess they fixed at the expense of all other drivers. very unfortunate.
  • JackE
    Shutdown Windows. Then turn the machine back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Click the Main tab. Set the touchpad to advanced mode. Then F10 to save settings and exit. Jack E/ NJ

Jack E/NJ

• veeru1501
    veeru1501 Member Posts: 1 New User
     bro the same problem  is encountered with me also and i had tried everything possible but the gestures not working and there is one problem also my bios not showing touch pad option my model is acer aspire 7 ryzen 5500u  processor what to do bro now pls help gues 
  • JackE

This thread is two years old. Best to start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button.

Jack E/NJ