My Predator Gaming PC Frequently Crashes - G3-710

Options
2»

Answers

• TeleBlue
    TeleBlue Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Alright, so I stopped the PCI Express Root Port error by turning off my Wifi

This morning I downloaded the Radeon drivers off the AMD website and installed them which seems to have also stopped the Radeon Settings: Host Application errors from occurring on startup. My guess is that updating the drivers from device managers did only that while updating the drivers from the website also updated the Radeon Settings app. I don't know if this stopped the crashes though.

I'm still receiving the hermes.exe error on startup and my PC stability is still quite low.

Is there any way to get the reliability monitor to show more than a month of records? I heard it used to show a lot more.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, I can't think of what's holding it. It should just be the bracket at the back and the clip at the slot. You do have the back bracket flipped up out of the way?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeleBlue
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, I can't think of what's holding it. It should just be the bracket at the back and the clip at the slot. You do have the back bracket flipped up out of the way?
    Yeah I flipped the bracket out of the way
  • billsey
    Options
    I can't think of anything else to try to get the card out and we really need to see what happens when it's removed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TeleBlue
    Options
    billsey said:
    I can't think of anything else to try to get the card out and we really need to see what happens when it's removed.
    Well, either way, I think updating the Radeon drivers has fixed the issue. I haven't experienced a crash in three days and my PC stability is slowly climbing up. There's still the Hermes error though...
  • billsey
    Options
    Well, at least you're getting closer. :) Do you run Pandora? I see lots of google hits on Pandora and Hermes errors.
  • TeleBlue
    Options
    billsey said:
    Well, at least you're getting closer. :) Do you run Pandora? I see lots of google hits on Pandora and Hermes errors.
    No, that type of hermes seems to be part of Pandora. My issue is with the Hermes.exe file that I'm assuming was preinstalled onto the pc by Acer
  • TeleBlue
    Options
    Another thing I noticed is that my PC stability dips when I start it up but will keep rising as long as I keep it running
  • billsey
    Options
    I'd guess the 'stability' is a calculated number that references something like errors per hour and would start at some arbitrary point and gradually increase with time.
  • TeleBlue
    Options
    billsey said:
    I'd guess the 'stability' is a calculated number that references something like errors per hour and would start at some arbitrary point and gradually increase with time.
    Would there be anyway to reinstall all of the acer jumpstart apps? Maybe that may fix hermes
  • billsey
    Options
    Not without reinstalling the original image, which means hours and hours of Windows updates to get caught up. Easy enough to do other than that though. :)
  • TeleBlue
    Options
    billsey said:
    Not without reinstalling the original image, which means hours and hours of Windows updates to get caught up. Easy enough to do other than that though. :)
    And what about my installed apps, drivers and personal files then? Would those be affected?
  • billsey
    Options
    Yup, reinstalling the factory image is going to wipe all that off. If you've got a good backup you can just reinstall your data. If you haven't it's well worth the effort to get it copied off before doing the factory stuff. You'll likely have to reinstall the apps but you'll be able to just restore the data.