Should I stick with the default Acer drivers or the latest available? Acer G3-572.

Options
HK1994
HK1994 Member Posts: 43 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have heard for a long time by now that you should always stick with the Acer ones since that will be optimized for your PC and it will be cooler, and efficient.
Especially the chipset and SATA drivers.
But what about the others?
GPUs are the constant pain as I rarely play the latest games and what would work or be the best for my PC is so confusing.
Should I download the latest sound drivers from Realtek?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good Morning HK1994 !

Some Acer drivers are tested and optimized for the Windows OEM system that comes with the laptop.
    This does not stop you from keeping your drivers up to date.
    If your device is working perfectly, keep the drivers.
    Even because current versions are not always more standardized.
    If you find it necessary to update yours, just update.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    HK1994 said:
    I have heard for a long time by now that you should always stick with the Acer ones since that will be optimized for your PC and it will be cooler, and efficient.
    Especially the chipset and SATA drivers.
    But what about the others?
    GPUs are the constant pain as I rarely play the latest games and what would work or be the best for my PC is so confusing.
    Should I download the latest sound drivers from Realtek?

If what you have works, keep it. I do not update video drivers pretty much more than once or twice a year. And when it comes to things like bluetooth and such, I pretty never update, unless some program or software needs them to be updated.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045