Display and keyboard lights turning off

AkashAppari
AkashAppari Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
My laptop is a Nitro 5 AN515-51 that I got just over a month ago. Today I noticed that when I place my phone on the bottom left part of the laptop while operating it (above the intel sticker), the display and the back light for the keyboard turned off, but the laptop was running(was playing sounds). Once I remove my phone, its all right. I have tried it multiple times and it switches off.
I just wanted to confirm that this not a major issue and that im not supposed to place my phone there.

Answers

• Hello! Can you tell the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz! You can also record a video and inform if the bluetooth and the wireless of the cell phone were active! I was curious about your problem, because I also own this notebook model!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning AkashAppari !

By default the backlight is set to automatically turn off after 30 seconds idle.

In this case there may be some interference due to the battery and the magnetic field of the phone.

I advise you not to keep it close.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• AkashAppari

Tinkerer

Hello! Can you tell the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz! You can also record a video and inform if the bluetooth and the wireless of the cell phone were active! I was curious about your problem, because I also own this notebook model!
    Well, I'm can't find the full name, but according to amazon(from where I ordered), it is a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 Core i5 7th Gen 7300HQ Processor 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (i5-7300HQ/8GB RAM/1TB HDD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics 1050 Ti 4 GB GDDR5).
    I tried testing it with the bluetooth and wireless off and found out that using the mobile data caused this issue.

• AkashAppari

Tinkerer

MaClane said:
    Good Morning AkashAppari !

By default the backlight is set to automatically turn off after 30 seconds idle.

In this case there may be some interference due to the battery and the magnetic field of the phone.

I advise you not to keep it close.

It is definitely not the switching off due to the idle, but is the radio interference. Thanks for your advice.