[A515-51G-5504] Completely no audio coming from laptop, not just speakers but headphones as well

ShadyLuma
ShadyLuma Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

I updated my Aspire 5 laptop and the audio was working for the rest of the day.

However, I closed my laptop for the night, and when I woke up the next morning and opened the laptop, no sound was coming out, even when the volume was at 100.

Tested the audio with the built-in speakers, headphones, and Bluetooth earbuds; none of these produced sounds.

I have tried the following fixes:

• uninstalling the driver for the audio device and installing the latest audio driver from the Acer website (the one for the Realtek HD Audio)

• updating the driver/scanning for hardware changes in device manager

• going into speaker properties and changing the enhancements and sample rate settings (note: from the Sound window, when I try to test the audio, a pop up says "Failed to play test tone.")

• restarting the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint services

• updating Windows using "Check for updates"

• running the audio troubleshooter (when completed, it would end up with "Audio devices not responding")

• attempting to delete/revert the Windows updates from the day that my audio stopped working

And none of these methods worked. This issue has gone for two whole days at the time of writing this. (Audio stopped working on April 11)

In the Sounds window, I have only the speakers with the Realtek HD Audio set as the default device.

In the Device Manager window, under the Sound Controllers category I have HD Audio Device and Realtek HD Audio.

How can I fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Hi! Have you tried changing the options here?

t is necessary to plug in a headset so that the black icon is enabled! What is the version bios?I
    Have you tried reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ShadyLuma
    ShadyLuma Member Posts: 2 New User
    I changed the settings from the destination you showed me, still no audio.
    Even with the headphones, nothing changed as the no sound problem still happens using either headphones or the laptop speakers.
    Pressing Alt + F10 did not do anything at the Acer screen, is it possibly because I'm running Windows 10 and not 8?

My BIOS version is Insyde Corp. V1.13.
  • Try reinstalling windows like this:
    https://youtu.be/vt5LT55hrGY
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DavieFL
    DavieFL Member Posts: 8 New User
    same issue on a predator..."failed to play test tone" on all devices.   I find that re-installing windows is a very crappy way to fix a problem ....i mean, i work w/ the machine and having to reconfigure it is a big set back
  • UditGoel
    UditGoel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi How did you find the solution to this problem i have the exact problem 
  • Londoner19
    Londoner19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Little bit late, but at least here is a solution. I had similar and other problems(cracking sounds) with audio. The way i resolved it was by updating the BIOS software, then the audio driver. Notice that the audio on 64-bit machine went through two setup process.
    In the end, all the problems were resolved. Hope this might help.
  • @Londoner19Is your model the a515-51g?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• NRGdotNP
    NRGdotNP Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

same proble 
  • @NRGdotNPIdeally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer