Where do I download Acer Care Center?

fabiorzfreitas
fabiorzfreitas Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2019 Archives
I recently bought an Aspire 5 A515-51G-72DB and wiped the whole HDD to install my custom Windows version. I've already got Acer Quick Access, now I want Acer Care Center to manage my drivers and other stuff so I don't have to go manually through the website. On my previous Dell notebook, SupportAssist was available at the support page. Other big brands do the same. There is no download link here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/software-acer-care-center and this says its incompatible (even though its the same Windows 10 on the same hardware) http://global-download.acer.com/SupportFiles/Files/Support/APP/AcerCareCenterCheckTool.exe

Best Answer

• fabiorzfreitas

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi, thank you for your answer. I knew I would lose software warranty, but I don't need that. My custom OS is just stripped of Cortana and some other things, the incompatibility is actualy because the link you provided, which leads to the same tool I quoted, is clearly for Windows 8 (if you click on Windows on your link, you'll go to a page named Acer software for Windows 8).

Anyway, I've managed to dig through Acer "non-indexed" pages and found the proper Windows 10 Acer Care Center software, which now works just fine.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited April 2019
    Good Morning fabiorzfreitas !

First, be aware that on the original factory HDD there is a hidden partition created by Acer for OEM system recovery.
    If you deleted and disabled this partition you lost the software warranty on the device.
    The problem of incompatibility is due to your non-OEM system being used by Acer.

Anyway, take a look here:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/software

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• fabiorzfreitas

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Hi, thank you for your answer. I knew I would lose software warranty, but I don't need that. My custom OS is just stripped of Cortana and some other things, the incompatibility is actualy because the link you provided, which leads to the same tool I quoted, is clearly for Windows 8 (if you click on Windows on your link, you'll go to a page named Acer software for Windows 8).

Anyway, I've managed to dig through Acer "non-indexed" pages and found the proper Windows 10 Acer Care Center software, which now works just fine.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Glad you got it fixed!
    Accept the answer and mark how resolved to help others in the fourm!
    Needing something just post!

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!