What is this weird solid color screen I get when playing intense games like GTA V and Sniper Elite 3

MultipedBeatle
MultipedBeatle Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Sorry, but I didn't take a picture of this, but it's becoming a real issue.  I was wondering if it was an NVIDIA card update or not, but when I play a game like GTA or Sniper Elite, my screen will suddenly become a solid color.  It's usually a dirty looking yellow or a lavender, but I've noticed that it only happens with these two games.  I've had the problem for a while now, but have tried blowing my fans out and the cooler unit to no avail.  I have the latest NVIDIA drivers.  Sorry that I don't have any picture evidence!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'choose power plan' in left panel. What power plan is running now? Balanced, power saver or performance? With many games, the laptop must be plugged in and battery near 100% charged to run properly. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Open Control Panel. Search 'power plan'. Click 'choose power plan' in left panel. What power plan is running now? Balanced, power saver or performance? With many games, the laptop must be plugged in and battery near 100% charged to run properly. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ