Why are my frames dropping randomly?

Options
TempestJax
TempestJax Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My frames dropped for a while and then I found a solution that seemed to work which was updating bios and since I update the bios I also update my bios but the frame drop has started to come back at random points in my gaming my frames will drop and now staying on 144 isn't stable as its always moving low to high and won't stay on 144

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options
    Laptop must be plugged in and battery near 100% charged before some heavy gaming loads are started. What is your full model number and charger watts? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TempestJax
    Options
    I don't think that's the issue because I already game with my laptop plugged in and my model number is Predator PH315-51 I'm not sure if its a problem with the thermal throttle or what else it could be.
  • TempestJax
    Options
    Like I said I already update the bios when a new one drops and I do windows updates and Nvidia driver updates whenever there is a new one.
  • JackE
    Options
    What CPU/GPU temperatures are you seeing? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TempestJax
    Options
    These are the thermals while playing Minecraft in fortnite they might be higher.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The CPU and GPU temperatures are too high, especially the GPU. Undervolting won't help here, so I suggest you to either repaste the CPU and GPU(voids warranty) or contact Acer.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• TempestJax
    Options
    How do I contact Acer?
  • JackE
    Options
    If you still within warranty period, go to this link, choose your country, then click on support link for the country. http://www.acer.com/worldwide/

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• TempestJax
    Options
    Ok thank you will try

• TempestJax
    Options
    After contacting them they told me that I would have to send it in for repair and that would take almost forever so I was wondering if someone could recommend a tutorial video for repasting of GPU and CPU 

• JackE
    Options
    Just google 'ph315-51 repasting'. Here's a video by one of our ACE overheating experts. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ