Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

squeaky noise and charging problem

MaddogklgMaddogklg Posts: 1Member New User
My chromebook makes a really high pitched, squeaky noise that seems to be coming from the charger, do you know how to fix it? and Why does my chromebook only work when it's charging? when I go to check what percentage the battery is at, it doesn't even say. 

Best Answer

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 951 Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi!!

@Maddogklg

In case of any abnormal noise, heat, or foul smell from the power supply or the equipment attached to the power supply, you must unplug the mains power cord and remove the battery immediately. This is a general safety advice for any electronic device. 

I would like to know, does your Chromebook goes off completely when adapter is plugged out? If so, it is hardware issue and I recommend you to contact Acer Technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and look for repair options. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

FAQ & Answers

• BalatekieBalatekie Posts: 951ACE Pioneer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi!!

@Maddogklg

In case of any abnormal noise, heat, or foul smell from the power supply or the equipment attached to the power supply, you must unplug the mains power cord and remove the battery immediately. This is a general safety advice for any electronic device. 

I would like to know, does your Chromebook goes off completely when adapter is plugged out? If so, it is hardware issue and I recommend you to contact Acer Technical Support in your region https://www.acer.com/worldwide/ and look for repair options. 
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)