Increased battery life for non gaming Helios 300 G3-571

spartyon98
spartyon98 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I need suggestions on the best power settings so my Helios 300 G3-571.  When on battery only I rarely ever get more than 60 minutes even when I'm doing non gaming activities.

I just need this when I record my podcast, because i move to another room and don't want to drag the power brick with me.

Any suggestions on settings to use?

Todd  

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night spartyon98 !

To improve battery life, follow these tips:

1- Set in Windows power options for "balanced"
    2- Decrease brightness intensity as much as your eyesight can withstand
    3- disable wireless (Fn + F3) when in activities that are not necessary to use the internet
    4- Disable almost any unnecessary applications that are in the background
    5 - Keep the appliance in an airy place, with a cool temperature, under surfaces with good heat exchange, such as glass, aluminum, cold stones, etc.
    6 - Avoid using any peripheral USB devices that consume power
    7- keep the appliance elevated so that the air inlets can effectively circulate the air internally
    8- calibrate the battery cells every 6 months

"Process for calibrating the battery

For this, you must turn off the device and give a 100% charge.
    Then unplug and use the battery until the battery runs out.
    Reload it as before.
    Repeat the process 3 times so that all cells are fully calibrated "

This way you will achieve a better useful life and durability!

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• spartyon98
    spartyon98 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Since i'm recording I use a USB microphone, my web cam, the internet and Skype.  I'm not sure those should consume that much battery.  I'll look to use a lower power scheme and reduce brightness and not use the GPU.
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    The 2 largest consumers of battery are the screen and wireless.
    In your case, this use consumes a lot.
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    I need suggestions on the best power settings so my Helios 300 G3-571.  When on battery only I rarely ever get more than 60 minutes even when I'm doing non gaming activities.

I just need this when I record my podcast, because i move to another room and don't want to drag the power brick with me.

Any suggestions on settings to use?

Todd  
    I get about 5 hours on battery with screen at mid brightness and while doing light-medium tasks. I have TS battery profile limiting CPU power to about 2 GHz (instead of default 2.8 base + turbo). Also I set most of the programs I use while on battery to use Intel GPU instead of 1060 (my 1060 pretty much never turns on when on battery).
    Windows has been heavily optimized, including removing literally every store app (left only the store app on, just in case).
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045