ET 430K cable needs to be unplugged to use

Options
CHRISTURLEY
CHRISTURLEY Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
Just bought the ET430K and generally happy with it however when I put my laptop in the dock (in sleep, hibernate, or off modes) and start it up the monitor is not seen.  I tried turning the monitor on and off, restarting with a cold reboot, etc.  The only thing that works is to unplug the HDMI cable and then plug it back in.  Then viola! it comes to life.  I have a Lenovo (P50) running Windows 10.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good afternoon CHRISTURLEY !

Check this option:

Enable the keyboard to wake the computer

Enabling your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode might resolve the issue.
    1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager.

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards, and then double-click the name of your keyboard.

Keyboards selection in the Device Manager window

3. Click the Power management tab.
      If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available.
      If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Select the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.

Allow this device to wake the computer selection in the Power Management tab

5. Click OK.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!