helios 500 vibrating

K3Z
K3Z Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello, ever since i got the laptop i had felt that there is little vibration going most of the times you can feel it anywhere on the keyboard however its stronger on the left side of the laptop and since I barely used the laptop keyboard I didn't really care since I use external keyboard while gaming.But currently when i started using the laptop keyboard it really annoyed me and sometimes it is little strong to the point that I can't just ignore it and it is irritating.

Edit: I had already tried to disable superfetch didn't solve it

Answers

• tobimaru
    tobimaru Member Posts: 315 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    I'm not sure the Windows 10 superfetch service has anything to do with vibration from the laptop.

Vibrations are sourced from moving parts. What moves within your laptop? If you're using an SSD/NVME we can rule out the storage. If you aren't listening to music we can rule out the speakers. There is no CD-drive or other optical drive spinning up. That leaves us with one moving part within the laptop that could be the source of your vibration. Any guesses?

Check the fans.
  • K3Z

Tinkerer

tobimaru said:
    I'm not sure the Windows 10 superfetch service has anything to do with vibration from the laptop.

Vibrations are sourced from moving parts. What moves within your laptop? If you're using an SSD/NVME we can rule out the storage. If you aren't listening to music we can rule out the speakers. There is no CD-drive or other optical drive spinning up. That leaves us with one moving part within the laptop that could be the source of your vibration. Any guesses?

Check the fans.
    I just thought it might be the HDD and I read online that superfetch may be the culprit,anyways  how am I suppose to check if the fan causing the vibration ? The fan seem to be working normal 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    K3Z said:
    I just thought it might be the HDD and I read online that superfetch may be the culprit,anyways  how am I suppose to check if the fan causing the vibration ? The fan seem to be working normal 
    1. you do not need superfetch when your windows drive is SSD.
    2. let the laptop stay idle so fans are low. check for vibration. open predator sense and push fans to max and see if fans are causing vibration.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • K3Z

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    K3Z said:
    2. let the laptop stay idle so fans are low. check for vibration. open predator sense and push fans to max and see if fans are causing vibration.
    first of all thanks for answering , and sorry i was super busy the last week, yes i managed to track the problem and it was indeed the fans, now what would i do to solve it ?
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    K3Z said:
    sri369 said:
    K3Z said:
    first of all thanks for answering , and sorry i was super busy the last week, yes i managed to track the problem and it was indeed the fans, now what would i do to solve it ?
    If it under warranty, let Acer handle it.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • noqqen
    noqqen Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

sri369 said:
    K3Z said:
    sri369 said:
    K3Z said:
    If it under warranty, let Acer handle it.
    Hey I have the same issue but on the gpu fan. However the company that sold me the laptop is really annoying and the process of returing the pc and eveything will take around 30days and i can't afford that as I also work on this laptop. Do you think if i give it it store they could do the job or even if it is necessary to fix it asap ?