Acer spin 1 battery replacment

adam30
adam30 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi All
I have just bought an acer spin 1 as a travel laptop from ebay, the battery needs replacing as it currently does not hold a charge, where can i purchase a cheap battery from and how do I replace please?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Many thanks

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    adam30 said:
    Hi All
    I have just bought an acer spin 1 as a travel laptop from ebay, the battery needs replacing as it currently does not hold a charge, where can i purchase a cheap battery from and how do I replace please?  Any guidance would be appreciated.  Many thanks
    I guess you can contact acer support to order new battery. Please try and contact them. If you need the part number for battery then please share the exact model number
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • thermnoggin
    thermnoggin Member Posts: 1 New User
    I purchase a replacement from Source IT.  They are Canadian so they are polite and I assume they don't litter.
    You can find a video on how to take apart Acer SP513 at  How to Disassemble an Acer Spin SP513 52N Laptop ( search the text of the link doesn't work) Pretty simple replacement.
    Source IT got it right the first try.  Battery has been in laptop for a week and works as well as the original.

https://www.sourceitstore.ca/product/kt-00305-007/

The pricing is a little funky if you aren't used to conversion to / from US Dollars and Canadian Dollars.  Final price was about $100 dollars US delivered ( note the website looked higher but that was Canadian Dollars.). 
    Delivery was a little slow.  I hung in US Postal service Chicago for a week.

I was happy with them and will buy from them again.

• CHECK
    CHECK Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    You can try to search for your computer model on the shopping site. For example: model (spin 1) + battery
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,815 Trailblazer
    We can look up the Acer part number for the battery, but we need to know which Spin 1 you have, there have been a bunch of different models over the years. The model number should be something like SP1xx-xxx-xxxx.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.