Acer Aspire 7535G Change CMOS battery

Tubby735
Tubby735 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
This is my first time in the forum.
I have a Acer Aspire 7535g with Vista o/s.... The problem is that it does not boot up. Power light is on, fan working, hard drive working. But no screen display (black)
Does not even show the basic post display.
I think that the CMOS battery has gone flat, due to the laptop has not been used for several months and the main battery does not hold charge.
Do I really need to completely strip down the laptop, or can I just remove the keyboard and top panel to reach the CMOS battery ?
Regards
Tubby735  :)

Comments

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    With a low CMOS battery and no screen, the BIOS can sometimes be refreshed by simply tapping the F2 key immediately after it's turned on. The BIOS menu sometimes miraculously appears. If it does, press F9 to load defaults. F10 to save settings and exit. And the machine should boot --- and maybe even again at the next cold boot. If still no joy, you might try to VGA out to a TV or external monitor to get a screen. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Tubby735
    Hi,
    I've tried a external monitor... nothing on both screens.
    F2 no difference
    F9 no difference
    Still think its lost its 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    If the CMOS coin battery is shorted, the BIOS chip likely won't initialize. If it's open-circuited, the BIOS chip should be reflashed. To find out which, the coin battery must be removed then trying to boot it up again . Unfortunately, instructions on accessing this older mainboard CMOS battery must be done by googling "7535G" and "disassembly".   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Before disassembly the notebook, try to do a power reset! To do this, disconnect the notebook from the electrical outlet and then disconnect the lithium battery! After disconnecting the lition battery, press the power button for thirty seconds and then test the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tubby735
    Hi,
    Still not booting up....
    Does anyone know how to reinstall the CMOS for a 7535G laptop
    Also where can I download the software ?
  • Disconnect this battery for a few seconds:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tubby735
    Thanks for the info..
    But I do need to know if I have to completely disassemble the laptop, just to change the CMOS battery....
    Also where can I download the CMOS program 
  • Have you checked if the image is displayed on an external monitor?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tubby735
    Hi,
    Yes I have tried a external monitor..... nothing displayed !
  • Do you hear any beep? Do the power and battery leds flash?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tubby735
    The power light is on and a single blue light at the front of the laptop.
    hard-drive does not flash or come on, that's why I believe it's the CMOS has been lost due to flat battery.
    I've try the hard-drive in a docking station on another computer and it is working ok.
    I've also tried changing the memory chips.
  • verify here my friend:
    https://youtu.be/zxBQC1q4jU8

egydiocoelho Trailblazer