Chromebook Tab 10. App Launcher / Home Launcher opens automatically and constantly. Cannot be closed

newo
newo Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
As per title. Is there a way to close the app launcher / home launcher, eg by clicking on the home 'O' button at the left lower corner of the screen? I know by opening and fixating the Home Launcher makes the device more 'tablet-like', but that's too much clutter and it's certainly not to many people's liking. Many of us would like a cleaner interface (like the classic appearance of chrome os). At least we should have the option to switch between the 2 modes / interfaces easily and freely.

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    newo said:
    As per title. Is there a way to close the app launcher / home launcher, eg by clicking on the home 'O' button at the left lower corner of the screen? I know by opening and fixating the Home Launcher makes the device more 'tablet-like', but that's too much clutter and it's certainly not to many people's liking. Many of us would like a cleaner interface (like the classic appearance of chrome os). At least we should have the option to switch between the 2 modes / interfaces easily and freely.
    Have you tried to update the device and tested it. if not please update the device and share the result.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • newo
    Everything is up to date, including the OS. Still the same. Any chromebook tab 10 user happy to share his/her experinece?
  • newo
    Rudy21 said:
    newo said:
    Have you tried to update the device and tested it. if not please update the device and share the result.
    Everything is up to date, including the OS. Still the same. Any chromebook tab 10 user happy to share his/her experinece?