Swift 3 Microphone on linux

hazem94
hazem94 Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited March 20 in 2019 Archives
The audio input "mic" is not working on Debian, DeepinOS, and Ubuntu. Can anyone help?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,446 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your headset plug should probably conform to the omtp configuration. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    >>>I think it's a compatibility issue of Swift 3 with Linux, is not it? >>>

Or a compatibility issue of Linux with Swift 3. You probably simply need a Linux driver. What was the factory installed OS if any? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

Jack E/NJ

• hazem94
    JackE said:

The thing is that the PC's own Mic is not working also, I think it's a compatibility issue of Swift 3 with Linux, is not it?
  • JackE
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    >>>I think it's a compatibility issue of Swift 3 with Linux, is not it? >>>

Or a compatibility issue of Linux with Swift 3. You probably simply need a Linux driver. What was the factory installed OS if any? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• hazem94
    It's a Windows OS. Is there any method to manually download the driver and install it on Linux? 
  • JackE
    No. A Windows driver cannot be installed on Linux. Linux distros usually have the sound driver built into their kernel by default. If the microphone input works in Windows but not Linux, google 'microphone' and whatever linux distribution you are using such as 'mint' for example. It may be as simple as right clicking the sound icon in the linux tray to make sure the sound input is not muted. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ